• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I always open with exactly what I want. I show the rep the light at the end of a long, hard tunnel.

Too bad f00 didn't have you around when he was negotiating the commission of his granny tittypot. He might have saved a couple K.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stop buying used **** from the internet that other people farted on. You got what you deserved you mook. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I've probably posted this before, but *******, this is one of the proudest moments of my life and I'll tell it as often as I want.

On a work trip to Hong Kong one of my colleagues, who spoke Cantonese, asked me to go with her to a street market and help her negotiate. She found a knock-off purse that she wanted to buy. I haggled the price down to something we agreed was reasonable, and she made the purchase. As we were walking away the vendor yelled out at her, in Cantonese, "I feel sorry for you! Your husband is so cheap!"

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Insert Jewish joke here.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Insert Jewish joke here.

I know, I'm a walking stereotype. My family name suggests that I may have had an ancestor in the silk trade, I like to think that's where it comes from.

I was on a call with a guy in Limerick this morning to discuss a purchase. He joked that between us we could happily haggle all day.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stop buying used **** from the internet that other people farted on. You got what you deserved you mook. Lesson learned.

Despite Patrick's great use of the word mook, he is thinking about this situation all wrong. I'm able to get discounts on furniture often by focusing on some minute point post facto. Once I even got a large gift certificate because a large bookcase didn't fit in my small freight elevator and had to be returned. Now, when a company makes a bonafide mistake -- as in the item is not as described -- and possibly the result of DECEPTIVE MARKETING PRACTICES, well, THIS IS PRECISELY THE KIND OF MOMENT THAT GENERAL EMPLOYER LIVES FOR.

We are in possession of a loaded gun gentlemen. I hope @Jr Mouse is a shooter. I only go on licks with shooters. If and when the trigger is pulled, SF MOB NEEDS TO ROLL DEEP ON THIS!!!!!!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Despite Patrick's great use of the word mook, he is thinking about this situation all wrong. I'm able to get discounts on furniture often by focusing on some minute point post facto. Once I even got a large gift certificate because a large bookcase didn't fit in my small freight elevator and had to be returned. Now, when a company makes a bonafide mistake -- as in the item is not as described -- and possibly the result of DECEPTIVE MARKETING PRACTICES, well, THIS IS PRECISELY THE KIND OF MOMENT THAT GENERAL EMPLOYER LIVES FOR.

We are in possession of a loaded gun gentlemen. I hope @Jr Mouse is a shooter. I only go on licks with shooters. If and when the trigger is pulled, SF MOB NEEDS TO ROLL DEEP ON THIS!!!!!!
Whatever pleb. Buy from wayfair like a normal person.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I would, but you can't shake Wayfair down. I have a strong suspicion their CS reps are in India and it's phone only. Even the most skilled players can hope only to draw.
A coworker was complaining about not being able to get through to their CS department after 90 minutes of being on hold just yesterday. :crackup:

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A coworker was complaining about not being able to get through to their CS department after 90 minutes of being on hold just yesterday. :crackup:

I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Coworker: Hey, I bought this sofa on Wayfair and it's crap.

Wayfair: Yeah, we know.

Coworker: Well, what can be done about it?

Wayfair: Absolutely nothing because you paid with a debit card.

Coworker: Please, please please!

Wayfair: OK, if you ship it back and pay a 50% restocking fee, we can think about a refund.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know someone who works in corporate at Wayfair, he says it's a shitshow. They were quite close to eating it altogether before being awarded a government-mandated sinecure on most furniture sales over the past quarter or so.

Feb:

June:

How the turn tables.

sftiger

Reaction score
Wayfair is a fascinating and honestly genius founding story. But their products and customer service are terrible. Kind of shocking they can still compete, but I guess maybe the competition for online furniture shopping is even worse...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To be fair Wayfair is where I managed to find my Basquiat Skateboard wallhangings for a good 30% cheaper then Urban Outfitters.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I wound up buying a Mirra 2. The local Herman Miller distributor sold it to me for ~30% off. The Aeron was a bigger discount, but it was still more. If I wind up not liking it, I'll probably trade with my wife, but everything I've read is they are very similar in terms of comfort.

I've been using her chair a bit which has the forward tilt adjustment. Anyone else ever use it? I feel like it actually encourages me to slouch rather than be supportive when I do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads