• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As NorCal notes, gliders are functionally near-perfect for the task at hand. And hideous to look at. But you won't care because it will do the thing it's supposed to do. Sell it when you're done.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The same question pops up every few years: "what is the stylish equivalent to a glider", and the answer is always, "Nothing is equivalent. Suck it up and chuck the chair once you're done breeding."

Last edited:

stro

Reaction score
+1, i asked last year. go comfy. go ugly. then go burn it when you're done with it.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Or you can just use whatever you already have. It's not like it hasn't been done successfully before.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great looking chair, but it simultaneously looks extremely uncomfortable.

You are correct, but my reasoning is that the chair otherwise provided wasn't much better and I don't want to spend much time at my computer and desk while here anyway.

But yeah, if I end up keeping it or doing something silly to it like painting it (you can find sort of shoddy examples like this one for very cheap here), I can always use it as a fun chair in a hallway or the corner of a bedroom etc.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
You are correct, but my reasoning is that the chair otherwise provided wasn't much better and I don't want to spend much time at my computer and desk while here anyway.

But yeah, if I end up keeping it or doing something silly to it like painting it (you can find sort of shoddy examples like this one for very cheap here), I can always use it as a fun chair in a hallway or the corner of a bedroom etc.
My in-laws have one and my wife said as a kid they had it in the corner of the room with the fax machine / phone plopped on top of it. So she remembers endless hours of tracing the flowers and leaves with her finger while sitting on the floor on the phone. They took it in their move but now it's just a plant stand 🤷‍♂️

EE238D21-8E10-46FF-B2B8-DDE8F173BA8C.jpeg

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My in-laws have one and my wife said as a kid they had it in the corner of the room with the fax machine / phone plopped on top of it. So she remembers endless hours of tracing the flowers and leaves with her finger while sitting on the floor on the phone. They took it in their move but now it's just a plant stand 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1689390
It's form over less form.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.