• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Iove that series. Thought you wanted all metal but these are really nice

Lounge chair is also 😍

1623847465989.jpeg

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another nice Croft House design

3A3E9165-D227-4029-ACB0-035524210B34.jpeg
B4625D0B-063A-4998-9337-BF97EECC25F1.jpeg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BTW, I sat in BluDot’s version of the 1966, and it was indeed very comfortable for sitting. If the bars didn’t make lying down painful, it would have been a contender for me.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for portable/rechargeable outdoor lamps? I came across these two options below but would welcome other suggestions. Hoping to stay under $125. I don't need more light than would cover a 2-person patio dining set.

1. URI Portable Table Lamp | MoMA Design Store: I appreciate the handles, seems like it can give off decent lighting. Very reasonable price at $50

2. HAY PC Portable Lamp | MoMA Design Store: No handles but still portable size. The amount of lighting appears to depend on the color I select. Top of my preferred price at $95
I have the Marset FollowMe, which I really like it, but it is closer to $250. I really like handle to hook over my wrist, because I'm often carrying drinks or other things when I head outside with it. The Menu Carrie LED is similar and less expensive, but I have no experience with it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Any suggestions for portable/rechargeable outdoor lamps? I came across these two options below but would welcome other suggestions. Hoping to stay under $125. I don't need more light than would cover a 2-person patio dining set.

1. URI Portable Table Lamp | MoMA Design Store: I appreciate the handles, seems like it can give off decent lighting. Very reasonable price at $50

2. HAY PC Portable Lamp | MoMA Design Store: No handles but still portable size. The amount of lighting appears to depend on the color I select. Top of my preferred price at $95
If I remember correctly you're in a condo? Is this on a covered patio/balcony? Is there an overhead light? If so an app controlled, wifi RGB LED might be the answer. We use these:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Flowerpot VP9, comes in 10+ colours:

1623950276365.png

or Panthella Portable:

1623950368861.png

- my sister has one of these, I forgot which, but it's cute.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how's longevity on these integrated LED lamps? Given that you'd basically have to warranty these lamps when the LED goes bad

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was going to suggest abandoning the LEDs and going with a nice oil lamp.

But after spending a few minutes googling, I've determined that it is next to impossible to find one in the US that doesn't look like a hideous relic from grandma's attic with floral painted globes and froofy metalwork. .

I'm suddenly realizing how rare the ones in my family must be...something like the "petronella" by Henning Koppel for Louis Poulsen:
1623965008596.png

They throw a beautiful light on a table and burn fine in light winds outdoors or on screen porches. Can be used indoors too (anywhere you'd burn a candle) and the level of light is adjustable. Replacement wicks and lamp oil are readily available.

But for something like that, it seems you have to either luck out at an estate sale or pay $$$ at auction in the US.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was going to suggest abandoning the LEDs and going with a nice oil lamp.

But after spending a few minutes googling, I've determined that it is next to impossible to find one in the US that doesn't look like a hideous relic from grandma's attic with floral painted globes and froofy metalwork. .

They throw a beautiful light on a table and burn fine in light winds outdoors or on screen porches. Can be used indoors too (anywhere you'd burn a candle) and the level of light is adjustable. Replacement wicks and lamp oil are readily available.

But for something like that, it seems you have to either luck out at an estate sale or pay $$$ at auction in the US.
I've looked for oil lamps too, and it's weird how few decent looking ones are available. Untapped market there, maybe.

Reactions: otc

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oil lamps are not good for indoor air quality. Probably fine for occasional entertaining, but using it regularly indoors is asking for respiratory issues down the line, especially in children.
Is there any difference between using lamp oil and a candle? Both are generally made of paraffin.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, don't use it for everyday light it nighttime reading, but on the dinner table for a special meal? No biggie.

But yeah, still feels more like a summer dinner outside/on the porch type thing to me. Lamp comes out at the end of the meal around time for dessert as the sun fades out.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.