• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bro. This is the internet. What the fuck do you think people do here?
I don’t lie or misrepresent myself. Those online who know me in person can vouch.

Honestly, I don’t understand the point in creating a fake persona and fake experiences. It’s like cheating on a practice test.

I just enjoy connecting with people and exploring ideas and interests together. That requires honesty.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Foo’s contributions. He has always posted interesting items and argues passionately for them. The Song Dynasty dish is one of the most interesting things posted in this thread for months, and the Carl Pott cutlery was good too. He stimulates discussion, in contrast to the “cool shit bro” brigade who never get beyond an unthinking gut response — “I like that”/“I don’t like this”. Yes he’s abrasive and sometimes a bad sport, but who really cares — it’s part of the fun.
Yes, in general, but the many caveats obtain as well.

I praised the dish specifically, more than once, as a genuine compliment, only to of course then suffer the standard pompous indignation and wrath of his mis-reading when I also wrote that, in my opinion, the dish and pot do not look good together. Just as a Rubinacci jacket, fluo orange Oakley Blades, and a stovepipe hat might not look good together, even though all items satisfy functional requirements perfectly well.

Regardless of the (variable, as with all of us) interest and quality of the items he posts it is very tedious when the sidebars all end up being "fuck you, you stupid ignorant dumb fucking plebe, etc etc". It diminishes the discussion, and his knowledge of design in general is not at all any more developed or sophisticated than that of at least several if not more posters here. The pro/con of his discussions is as fatiguing as it is "fun", unfortunately.

He posts Pott as if it was handed to by God himself, fine, even if typical. But then when others (@radicaldog) and I post Prism, or others something else, also as beautiful flatware to consider, the perceived slights on his own preferences become projected as inane "criticisms" such as, "Now, that looks too “designed” to me. That pointy bevel will stick into your thumb flesh. Seems no reason for it to exist.", which is a complete crock.

Besides which nobody holds flatware by the very end, "sensitive thumb flesh" or not...and even if one did thumbs would not be injured, trust me.

Prism_01G.JPG

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just bought this copper tea boat from a studio
in Jingdezhen. The Song dish I showed earlier is to hold the teapot. This would be for the tea cups, where there is even more water spillage.

Some of you might remember I had SkinnyGoomba build me a wooden tea tray last year, which was intended to hold both the teapot and tea cups. It followed a traditional design, but we had some technical difficulties getting the box to work right with the volatile moisture levels, so we’ve moved on to other ideas.

Since then, I’ve switched to what they call a “dry brewing” method, where there is less water spillage and you need a different receptacle for each vessel used. Hence, the antique dish and the below tea boat.

The tea boat is a very traditional Chaozhou design, like something one might have seen a couple hundred years ago, but is a modern make. Older ones were usually made of tin or pewter, not copper.

I’ve turned to the hyper traditional as more modern designs in this niche tend to be low quality in make.

0CD0C48A-D787-40E8-81FA-C5EC7A479FFB.jpeg

9478068D-AB06-4F1F-B24F-B6748398EBDF.jpeg

0C4BCE7A-306D-42D6-AD76-DDF7C0A48932.jpeg

21CDDA1C-D1B6-4692-966C-499538BE08B5.jpeg

1A4533DB-2C65-45BA-AB80-3B900226B064.jpeg

48DFB900-FDC2-4FD5-9F5C-D4174AFA43CA.jpeg

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TheFoo said:
There is real sickness here
TheFoo said:
I will not sit in a seat on the subway that someone just got up from. Unless a beautiful woman. For some reason, that makes it okay.
TheFoo said:
You sit down on the subway. The seat is conspicuously warm.

1. It is warm because a sweaty fat man flatulated excessively.

2. It is warm because a pretty young woman sat there on her long ride home.

I dare you to claim it matters not which is true.
I stand by all of that 100%.
Trust us, we would never doubt that.

Foobway Creeper.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted about an antique dish and my daughter’s experience using a spoon. Since then, you and others have unleashed a barrage of attacks on my parenting and my daughter’s mental abilities.

There is real sickness here, which I’ve come to expect. But that others seem to be okay with it is really quite disappointing.
Jesus. Pointing out that kids are sponges(which is obviously and objectively true) is hardly an attack on anyone.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Jesus. Pointing out that kids are sponges(which is obviously and objectively true) is hardly an attack on anyone.
Nah man, it's a real sickness.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I blocked him a long time ago. You should too. It would be better for all of us.
Now there's that scintillating interesting and entertaining high-minded content you so yearn for. Good yob!

Blocked, huh?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just read the last 4 of 5 pages and all I got out of it is that we're discussing someone's member's abilities... i'm not sure if this makes me uncomfortable,,, or something else

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy