• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Or she made an astute observation.
Uh huh. Wholly without any influence from listening to her parent's conversations; she's a design prodigy.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Uh huh. Wholly without any influence from listening to her parent's conversations; she's a design prodigy.
Why is it so hard to believe that she might actually notice a difference?

And why argue over a silly anecdote?

Which one of us is trying to draw attention, exactly? Which one of us actually contributes anything?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What “aesthetic incongruities and failings” are you referring to? Lots of repeating the same conclusions louder and louder, but without explication or substance.
Got it.

My apologies for having forgotten that you really need a rhyming picture book diagram that even your (naturally, of course, super-precocious*) daughter would understand at a glance.

TitDish.jpeg

*One can only imagine the tortuous 40-hour lecture the poor girl had to endure before she could finally perfectly exclaim to your paternal satisfaction, “These are much easier to use than the old spoons, Dada. None of the macaroni falls out onto the table!”

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted photos and commentary for a piece of antique porcelain. How is this “blatantly seeking attention” in a design thread?
Yeah, how is anything you ever do in any thread ever “blatantly seeking attention”, right?

As opposed to "blatantly seeking approval" or "blatantly seeking pedantry" or "blatantly seeking praise" or "blatantly seeking reactiins" or "blatantly seeking validation" or "blatantly seeking the last fucking word"? #TheFooMessages23,859

Fine lines, no doubt.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got it.

My apologies for having forgotten that you really need a rhyming picture book diagram that even your (naturally, of course, super-precocious*) daughter would understand at a glance.

View attachment 1591869

*One can only imagine the tortuous 40-hour lecture the poor girl had to endure before she could finally perfectly exclaim to your paternal satisfaction, “These are much easier to use than the old spoons, Dada. None of the macaroni falls out onto the table!”
Yeah, how is anything you ever do in any thread ever “blatantly seeking attention”, right?

As opposed to "blatantly seeking approval" or "blatantly seeking pedantry" or "blatantly seeking praise" or "blatantly seeking reactiins" or "blatantly seeking validation" or "blatantly seeking the last fucking word"? #TheFooMessages23,859

Fine lines, no doubt.
Just so I understand: you guys find this nut job’s ranting of equal or greater value versus my “blatant attention getting”? If so, I’ll just see myself out.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just so I understand: you guys find this nut job’s ranting of equal or greater value versus my “blatant attention getting”? If so, I’ll just see myself out.
To quote FlyingMonkey (never in my wildest dreams did I ever...): PLEASE.

You know you never will though; even your threats and promises are always inauthentic and empty.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm uncomfortable reading any debate over one member's child's abilities. It's weird - can we not?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t take a “design prodigy” of a five-year-old to notice whether more or less macaroni falls off a spoon.
Of course not!

Not when "dada" crams such "knowledge" regarding the new spoons down her throat at every turn.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Of course not!

Not when "dada" crams such "knowledge" regarding the new spoons down her throat at every turn.
What the fuck is wrong with you? Of all the crazies on this forum, you are really something else.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.