• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had the thing been all big book with a tiny shelf in the centre that held a single book, then maybe.

Pretty much hate that room.

lefty

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the local mid-century dealer yesterday and saw the perfect Danish teak rocker for my living room. $650 was pretty steep, though...

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

Had the thing been all big book with a tiny shelf in the centre that held a single book, then maybe.

Pretty much hate that room.

lefty

I think anyone with Patrick Bateman aspirations would think it was really cool.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do own a number of axes and a raincoat.

By the way, what colour black did you use? Painted my last bedroom deep brown, but always regret not going for a near black.

lefty

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hard to get a sense of that on a monitor. Looks much lighter than your pic. How does the flat look steamed up?

Bedroom - go for it. Mine was a dark grey-brown but it only looked good at night under dim light. Like going back to the womb.

lefty

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

Hard to get a sense of that on a monitor. Looks much lighter than your pic. How does the flat look steamed up? 

lefty

It looks a lot better than the semi gloss did. The walls looked like they were perpetually sweating.
When you're in there it looks like the swatch image. The backlighting and white tile are just exaggerating the blackness in the photo.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Benjamin Moore Regal Matte is my favorite paint ever.

It has a bit of ceramic or something in it that makes it special. It paints really easy and the finish is something close to an eggshell. Not as flat as their flat but not like a satin or semi-gloss. But the paint then ends up being as scrubbable as a much higher sheen normal paint would be.

I don't have it in my bathroom but I do have it in the kitchen and living room and it is great. FWIW, I thought that their Regal flat paint was really hard to paint with..end result looks fine and seems durable but it wouldn't cut nice lines and I had to use a ton of it.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I simply can't afford any original Eames DSW chairs right now so I'm looking for authentic ones. Can you guys recommend me any? (e.g. is designfurn ok? 2 for 120) Alternatively, I also enjoy the look of the Arne Jacobsen 3107 chair (7 series). (2 for 160 at designfurn)
Edit: Ok, forget designfurn, the delivery seems to take forever. So any other decent sources?

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Modernica makes a molded fiberglass chair in the original factory using the original machinery, they are less than the HM plastic version.

None are 'authentic' except those made by the licensed manufacturer. Don't buy knock off series 7 chairs, they are junk. Often times they delaminate at the bend or the bases come off. I have. Personal objection to knock offs, but aside from that they're rarely in the same ballpark in quality.

Last edited:

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a small mid-century store of new and vintage pieces today. Saw a great Axel Larsson arm chair, nice vintage Risom arm chair, and a case-study 2x2 storage shelf from Modernica that I'd love to pick up. Scored a great deal on a floor model Eames DCW in ash....$325, couldn't pass it up. Wish I had the money to get more, but pretty happy with my DCW since I've been looking at them for a while but just couldn't drop the $800.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I simply can't afford any original Eames DSW chairs right now so I'm looking for authentic ones. Can you guys recommend me any?

You can find new plastic ones used for not a lot, the original fiberglass ones are more expensive due to demand.

Have you had a look on the german equivalent of craigslist?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads