• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd update this since I posed the question to the thread. We ended up going with an early Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin lounge chair. Given that our house has more of a bungalow feel, we felt the rattan detailing and corduroy cushions give it a warmer feel that's more in line with our house. While I love the hardcore MCM stuff, not living in a white-walled concrete box makes it a bit harder to blend. I think this chair strikes the right balance. Now just need to find a small end table and should be good to go...
That looks very good.

I think the table would be best if it were dark wood, very simple, center-legged, round or oval, slightly larger (but not much more) than the silver round drinks tray and oval votive.

Any plans for maybe a white door/doors to close off the recess?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
No plans for for the recess as of now. That stems from the likelihood that we'll be renovating our bathroom in the next year or so. That wall backs up to the master bathroom and we're likely to extend the existing closet, meaning that recess will be walled off. That will create a whole new dynamic to the room, obviously, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Totally agree on the side table. The hunt for that... continues. Thanks for the thoughts!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No plans for for the recess as of now. That stems from the likelihood that we'll be renovating our bathroom in the next year or so. That wall backs up to the master bathroom and we're likely to extend the existing closet, meaning that recess will be walled off. That will create a whole new dynamic to the room, obviously, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Totally agree on the side table. The hunt for that... continues. Thanks for the thoughts!
I see, that makes sense.

The table will make itself known to you, I think, because you have so much else in place now. Maybe even in a thrift store/swap meet/etc. Some of the Jens Risom pieces might work too, like his "T.710" or "Triangle Table", but even a real antique, something simple and direct but not excessively angular (like an English country pedestal side table) could be good too.

darylaltenhoff

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation on a good desk or table for a workspace? I decided I really like the Eiermann 1 table:
http://twentytwentyone.com/node/6301

but I can't seem to find a shop that will ship it to the US for a price that doesn't put it into a better category of desks (the EDU, eg). I like how flexible and simple the E1 is.
Hi! I can be recommendation to you

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1298294

EMIL LUKAS
early spark #1824, 2019
thread, plaster, nails and wood
42 x 42 x 3 1/2 inches/106.7 x 106.7 x 8.9 cm.
Omega, are you familiar with DeWain Valentine's "Circle" series? They are amazing, and photographs do not do them justice. In real life in a gallery they really do dissolve into infinity. The effect is incredibly beautiful in person.

DeWain Valentine, "Circles".

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.