• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. There is something wrong with it. The legs look odd to me is the major issue I have with it.

My point on the Mobler is that I have never seen teak with that kind of grain pattern that is seen on the top. It looks like oak to me.
Yes, I agree on the Hooker: legs and side-cuts and bottom deco are bizarre.

Also agree on that Domino: it doesn't look like teak-grain to me either, it seems "wider"-figured, like oak as you say. But I'm no wood-grain expert. SkinnyGoomba might be able to advise you.

Bromley

Reaction score
Looks like flat sawn teak to me.

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also on the quest for a desk. I came across these two desks, but I think there's something wrong with both:

The first is a "Domino Mobler teak desk" except I don't think the top is teak

View attachment 1214576

View attachment 1214577

Hooker mainline, but I've never seen legs like that:

View attachment 1214578
I keep thinking about getting a new desk as well. I've been using a LC6 table as a desk for the last 10 years (purchased for that purpose) and I love it but it's a struggle to keep it neat without drawers.

I've been trying to find a high quality wooden or metal file cabinet/printer stand/cabinet (with or without wheels) to provide some storage but I haven't been able to find anything good so far

I like the storage on the right side of the Kardiel protractor but I'm not crazy about the diagonal legs/floating stand on the left

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's flat sawn, not sure if it's teak but there is a very good chance that it is considering how much teak furniture was produced by Denmark in that time period.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scored a 2001 LCW for 355 locally! Been wanting the LCM but for this price, I could not pass up. Now if only I'd get lucky and find an IC floor lamp used at a reasonable price

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.