• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion for a simple, contemporary styled digital clock radio?
Less $, but decent quality, OK aesthetics: Sony or Braun (nicer designs).

More $, much better quality and aesthetics: Tivoli Audio or Geneva Sound (aka Geneva Lab; fantastic, beautiful).

NycLondon

Reaction score
Yeah the Vitra version is better but I’m hesitant to pay so much for it. I’ve about 6 months before the dining table is ready so I’m waiting to see if I can get lucky and these versions show up at auction.

Are you thinking of these to go with the Nakasima table? I honestly think this would be weird.
I bought 2 Corbusier LC7 chairs from Casina 23 years ago, they were a fearsome price (for me) then, but I have not regrets as they feel like they will last forever. Do not buy knockoffs if you plan to live with this stuff for a long time. I have not seen this chair in person at Vitra.
Rago currently has their great "Unsold" set of auction coming up, have you checked that?

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I think the contrast of the minimalist chair would work to contrast with the Nakashima.

Rago has a couple sets of chairs in the “style of Prouve”. I sent a message a couple weeks back asking if they were Vitra reproductions but waiting to hear back. I suspect they are not Vitra because Vitra has a sticker at the bottom and come with glides. The ones at Rago seem to be unmarked and no glides.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they work around a Nakashima table.

Style of Prouve won’t come back as Vitra. I believe they would call it out specifically if they were manufactured by Vitra, IMO. The OEM’s and licensed makers are typically called out if they are known, because it has an impact on the value.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rago currently has their great "Unsold" set of auction coming up, have you checked that?

There's a fantastic Adrian Pearsall Havana chair upholstered in a beautiful flowered velvet. Stunning. Lot 1454.

Please buy.

lefty

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like Kobeomsuk's YouTube channel. That's all I know about them, though.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Question for @SkinnyGoomba and the other furniture guys out there. I'm looking to have a local furniture guy make a bed that is similar to the George Nelson thin bed. He made the comment that he didn't like how the legs appeared to just have a screw on the end to attach to the bed: concerned about durability.

He is proposing something else (and is bringing me a sample next week). Thoughts?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting some new cutlery / flatware (steel, for everyday use). I've been looking a bit and think I've found what I want, but first I'd love to hear a little about what you guys are using, as I'm sure that there's a lot of stuff I haven't considered.

So, what do you like, what would you recommend and is there something you would advice against?

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enameled, that is what I use. I don't like my food to touch metal. Also the clean up is awful and I need to use more oil or Teflon coated, blah. It is enameled for me. Cannot recommend any makers as the one I am using is defunct. I tried the French one , don't remember the name and it turned out to be very thin enamel - not good.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I would have a hard time cooking if I couldn't let metal touch my food.

So, does anyone here have specific flatware makers and/or model lines they're happy with the aesthetics and usability of?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think I would have a hard time cooking if I couldn't let metal touch my food.

So, does anyone here have specific flatware makers and/or model lines they're happy with the aesthetics and usability of?

+1

In the market too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads