Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by gdl203, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Greg/Matt,

Very nice.

2. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

[​IMG]

Your kitchen is quite similar to ours. Same color and pattern on the cabinets. Some of the cabinets with windows. Similar hardware. Counters look to be very similar color, sort of a pale grey. Picture is prior to our moving in.

[​IMG]

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Matt - what are the machine to the right of the Nespresso machine and the skinny thing below the counter to the right of the sink?

Cool looking kitchen btw. Looks like it gets a lot of use.

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Matt - what are the machine to the right of the Nespresso machine and the skinny thing below the counter to the right of the sink? Cool looking kitchen btw. Looks like it gets a lot of use.
    Soda stream and trash compactor. The former is great, the latter never used. I hate the idea of being able to compact disgusting stuff so that I can keep it in my house longer.

5. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Everyone likes the same kitchen. Carrera marble with white cabinets and a wood floor or a white floor with a wood kitchen and granite counter top. Oh yeah and a window and a Wolf range/oven with stainless steel refer. [​IMG]

6. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Oh yeah SieMatic cabinets .[​IMG]

7. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Everyone likes the same kitchen. Carrera marble with white cabinets and a wood floor or a white floor with a wood kitchen and granite counter top. Oh yeah and a window and a Wolf range/oven with stainless steel refer. [​IMG]

well if the choice is between that and a black laminate hair salon with Z shaped chairs or 80s album cover art in all of the cabinets...

8. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

If "everyone" likes the same kitchen, how come 98% of the kitchens I see in real life when visiting apartments do not look like that and use disgusting countertops, cheap faux-wood and plasticky looking appliances?

You keep bringing this up - the ubiquity of SZ fridges, etc... - but your reality seems skewed.

9. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I can't see the pictures of Matt's kitchen. [​IMG]

10. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

inorite? Anyway, I got my wife to email me a few pics so that there would be light.

There are some oddities, since when we bought the place it was three rooms with two different window styles and heights, but it can take a beating, and has stayed in really good shape for the length of time we have had it, and the amount we eat at home.

Looks very professional if a bit lacking in charm. I love certain elements of the modern/sleek/pro look but must confess I prefer something a bit more earthy.

Well thought out appliances and pull out storage are both glorious things however.

11. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Looks very professional if a bit lacking in charm. I love certain elements of the modern/sleek/pro look but must confess I prefer something a bit more earthy.

Well thought out appliances and pull out storage are both glorious things however.

pretty much my exact thoughts on both the good and bad of it. i guess we do agree on something

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

pretty much my exact thoughts on both the good and bad of it. i guess we do agree on something

This is just a zionist trap.

13. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Germane to nothing. In my kitchen, some tomatoes I grew.
    [​IMG]

14. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

This is just a zionist trap.

i'd assume you were joking if you didn't live in a powerless cabin in the forest.

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Looks very professional if a bit lacking in charm. I love certain elements of the modern/sleek/pro look but must confess I prefer something a bit more earthy. Well thought out appliances and pull out storage are both glorious things however.
    I'm not very earthy. [​IMG][​IMG]