• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
^ Agree. I like simple tiles too, particularly for backsplash and wall areas.

i agree, i forgot tiles. But not tiles meant to perk memories of exotic Australian coral or the sun beeming off crystal clear Fijan waters - white or off white tiles. Unless it's the shower floor, then some colors are ok. But still not dark colors.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about this with a little stainless, red paint, marble and wenge?
lineaquattrowengered.gif

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
white subway tiles are nice.

fred, that looks like a unisex hair salon from the 80s (IMHO)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a market research mood, Fred?
wink.gif

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most people given a choice will take the subway tiles, grey and white marble, little stainless and the door style from my first post. They will not move away from it, at least in the USA

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
we are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
How about this with a little stainless, red paint, marble and wenge?
lineaquattrowengered.gif

IS this a new Crate and Barrel/Starbucks look? I hate. I like your first kitchen with wooden armoir. Walls in that kitchen looked like stone-tiles, me likes. I would have a center island with copper top. Hate uniformity in the kitchen, always mix and match.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Work in progress.
168408_10150393657395626_847285625_17067477_4631154_n.jpg

I'm liking the chairs, coffee table, lounge, floor lamp, and fireplace - but really dislike the orange walls, the clown-lapel window decorations, the mid-wall white wood strip, and the Raymour & Flanigan leather sofa w/ Columbia University blue accent pillows. But if that is a genuine polar bear rug, then forget everything I say.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL, I'm with you. Those are the things that are still in progress. I've been helping her to make some serious changes.

I picked out the chairs, coffee table and 'real polar bear' rug, she picked out the chaise lounge and lamp. The throw on the chaise is one of my favorites, Alpaca and wool by Frette.

I've yet to find a couch that both of us really like, I've made suggestions like the Bantam at DWR, she likes this one from Horchow:

HCH3EQM_mj.jpg

and I've suggested:

f_6722.jpg

She plans to eventually start hanging art work, so that will be the point where I suggest ditching the mid-wall wood strip (which boggled my mind since day 1) and painting the walls a light shade of cream.

I've also suggested ditching the window treatments and the cheap shades in favor of some hardwood blinds in a white or cream finish.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the chair rail looks good with artwork on the walls. That couch, however, is a bigger problem
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads