• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Finn Juhl, IIRC it was the model 45 chair you liked. Good stuff.

Matt, loving the kitchen. As noted by sonick, the electrical are very well turned out.

They came out very well. Cabinet installers were a little stressed cutting the holes in the corian for the Bocci ones.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honest question: what draws you to this thread? Seems like most of the people talking don't particularly like "cool" furniture, design, etc.

The hope that someone might post some "cool" furniture, design, etc.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's very fair to say that you know next to nothing about what I like, furniture included. I've probably commented favorably on maybe 4 or 5 pieces of furniture in this thread, and possibly fewer. Ones that I can think of include a chair by a Brazilian guy Finn posted, the Fins Juhl or Hans Juhl or something like that arm chair, and... not sure what else.

I don't hide and make no apologies for my disdain for furniture that I think it way too bent on making a statement vs being furniture. (yes that includes the bird chair)

Based on this and your prior comments, it sounds like you prefer furniture that is more familiar and traditional. Why spend time in a thread about furniture that is not those things?

The hope that someone might post some "cool" furniture, design, etc.

That's not reflected by what happens though. Most of the reasons things get panned in this thread have to do with how non-traditional they are.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Matt, the kitchen is wonderful. Love the white and walnut. I did walnut ply walls and white cabinets in my kitchen, but it's not nearly as nice.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Who knows what a_y's taste is? But I can say definitively that his contribution to threads is negative. Literally. Perhaps he sees himself as the kid pointing out the emperor's nudity?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Who knows what a_y's taste is? But I can say definitively that his contribution to threads is negative. Literally. Perhaps he sees himself as the kid pointing out the emperor's nudity?

he doesn't care what you think.

but he will monitor your posts closely.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah I remember your NYC furniture search.

You must be thinking of someone else.

You're doing the right thing in the midwest.

Do you feel even more superior making fun of the midwest than you do the South? Are people that live in the midwest just total shit that you can feel smarter than, more sophisticated...?

I equate this form of arrogance with people that haven't actually been around all that much.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Matt, the kitchen is wonderful. Love the white and walnut. I did walnut ply walls and white cabinets in my kitchen, but it's not nearly as nice.

Thanks. We are really happy. We went from a big place in a very desirable location to a very small one, about 1/3 the size, so we kind of felt like we could just do what we wanted. It was a really fun project, though in the end, we are still talking about a place in SanFo.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am by nature a critical thinker, and the way I think often involves eliminating what's wrong to narrow down to what's right. It is my nature. I don't know any of you, I have nothing to lose...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.