• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honest question: what draws you to this thread? Seems like most of the people talking don't particularly like "cool" furniture, design, etc.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Love the floors, Matt.

Thanks. I have to say that they came out unbelievably well. If you are looking to do something similar, I highly recommend our terrazzo contractor. He was an absolute pleasure to deal with and never balked at anything we asked.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Honest question: what draws you to this thread? Seems like most of the people talking don't particularly like "cool" furniture, design, etc.

I see interesting things here and I also like the things Skinny builds.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dat electrical outlet doe :slayer:

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We plan on learning from our neighbors this year. You?
Some. When I was younger I would go rock picking. Then people from SF bought all the properties on the coast and blocked access. :)
I plan on starting again. Maybe a SF dive meet up is in order.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Some. When I was younger I would go rock picking. Then people from SF bought all the properties on the coast and blocked access. :)

You are welcome to dive in our cove. One of the neighbor houses is three Italian families each with three generations of divers, so in season there is a pretty good party vibe over there on the weekends. Really nice people, they are the ones who are going to take us out.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Matt, that's a pic right after it was finished right? (Meaning it's not that clean every day)

Last edited:

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I named my ab bar old blue . When I stood on a cliff of the Redwood Empire and raised it in the sun you would hear the screams of terrified sea snails from Red Barn to Fort Bragg

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in general, if you like it, then it doesn't belong in this thread.

It's very fair to say that you know next to nothing about what I like, furniture included. I've probably commented favorably on maybe 4 or 5 pieces of furniture in this thread, and possibly fewer. Ones that I can think of include a chair by a Brazilian guy Finn posted, the Fins Juhl or Hans Juhl or something like that arm chair, and... not sure what else.

I don't hide and make no apologies for my disdain for furniture that I think it way too bent on making a statement vs being furniture. (yes that includes the bird chair)

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finn Juhl, IIRC it was the model 45 chair you liked. Good stuff.

Matt, loving the kitchen. As noted by sonick, the electrical are very well turned out.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.