1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by gdl203, Oct 22, 2008.

1. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    nm. i like your sink and range hood a lot. matt, how is that trendy? looks professional

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

inorite? Anyway, I got my wife to email me a few pics so that there would be light.
    There are some oddities, since when we bought the place it was three rooms with two different window styles and heights, but it can take a beating, and has stayed in really good shape for the length of time we have had it, and the amount we eat at home.

[​IMG]

3. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

matt - looks like a pro kitchen. Suprised by lack of fancy Starkish design objects. Three ovens ?

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

gdl, that's really nice

5. mordecai

you running a marijuana dispensary in that back room?

6. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

matt - looks like a pro kitchen. Suprised by lack of fancy Starkish design objects. Three ovens ?
    Two ovens in the range and a new steam oven [​IMG]. Anybody building a new kitchen should really consider one of these. For fish they are just incredible. Yeah, not much sitting around. I guess just a used bottle of corn oil from frying something over the weekend.

7. Fred49

Fred49 Well-Known Member

You have the Chicago dishwasher faucet?...If it is Chicago it is, IMO, the best for spraying down dogs and dishes etc!!!

8. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

inorite? Anyway, I got my wife to email me a few pics so that there would be light.

There are some oddities, since when we bought the place it was three rooms with two different window styles and heights, but it can take a beating, and has stayed in really good shape for the length of time we have had it, and the amount we eat at home.

Nice.

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

gdl - interesting what you did with the tiled hood vent. It's something you see in less new kitchens, where it can look kind of tired. But in your kitchen I think it works really well.

Reminded me of this (where the kitchen definitely needs a re-do):

[​IMG]

10. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Thanks zjp. I can't take credit for anything - we just signed on the line. Previous owners did a good job with the kitchen and we didn't change anything, we just plugged our toaster. The one thing that is a bit useless is that there is a large plate-warmer drawer in the island - and I honestly cannot imagine how many times a year one uses a plate-warmer. We use it as a regular drawer.

11. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Well-Known Member

12. zalb916

zalb916 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Your kitchen is quite similar to ours. Same color and pattern on the cabinets. Some of the cabinets with windows. Similar hardware. Counters look to be very similar color, sort of a pale grey. Picture is prior to our moving in.

[​IMG]

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Matt - what are the machine to the right of the Nespresso machine and the skinny thing below the counter to the right of the sink?

Cool looking kitchen btw. Looks like it gets a lot of use.

14. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

Matt - what are the machine to the right of the Nespresso machine and the skinny thing below the counter to the right of the sink? Cool looking kitchen btw. Looks like it gets a lot of use.
    Soda stream and trash compactor. The former is great, the latter never used. I hate the idea of being able to compact disgusting stuff so that I can keep it in my house longer.

15. Fred49

Fred49 Well-Known Member

Everyone likes the same kitchen. Carrera marble with white cabinets and a wood floor or a white floor with a wood kitchen and granite counter top. Oh yeah and a window and a Wolf range/oven with stainless steel refer. [​IMG]

16. Fred49

Fred49 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah SieMatic cabinets .[​IMG]

17. mordecai

Everyone likes the same kitchen. Carrera marble with white cabinets and a wood floor or a white floor with a wood kitchen and granite counter top. Oh yeah and a window and a Wolf range/oven with stainless steel refer. [​IMG]

well if the choice is between that and a black laminate hair salon with Z shaped chairs or 80s album cover art in all of the cabinets...

18. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

If "everyone" likes the same kitchen, how come 98% of the kitchens I see in real life when visiting apartments do not look like that and use disgusting countertops, cheap faux-wood and plasticky looking appliances?

You keep bringing this up - the ubiquity of SZ fridges, etc... - but your reality seems skewed.

19. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

I can't see the pictures of Matt's kitchen. [​IMG]

20. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Looks very professional if a bit lacking in charm. I love certain elements of the modern/sleek/pro look but must confess I prefer something a bit more earthy.

Well thought out appliances and pull out storage are both glorious things however.