• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jinglealltheway

Reaction score
hand-stained bamboo chairmats to protect hardwoodfloors + to allow office chairs to roll on carpets..

www.EcoSleekShop.com

they have various styles and 4-5 different stain colors.

below are Classic Dark Cherry and Dark Chocolate walnut

4752085081_2694cae321.jpg

4752087537_f1c0deb803.jpg

4752731690_2c99dc3da1.jpg

4752056467_4565d3fc35.jpg

4752056761_6fa541ee8e.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ Hideous

jinglealltheway

Reaction score
^^i ordered two a couple weeks ago, and i love them. started a thread too. perhaps you like the cheap/clear plastic ones you get at office max? yeah, those are a lot nicer
wink.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ugly as sin. Why do you have an office chair with wheels on your hardwood floor to begin with? If you really need one, then just get a carpet, not a clear plastic one but not a wooden odd-shaped carpet either. You know, a normal looking carpet... JMO of course.

cimabue

Reaction score
That would look much better on a medium-to-dark woolen rug. I like it.

jinglealltheway

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
It's ugly as sin. Why do you have an office chair with wheels on your hardwood floor to begin with? If you really need one, then just get a carpet, not a clear plastic one but not a wooden odd-shaped carpet either. You know, a normal looking carpet... JMO of course.

I Personally use one in my carpeted office, and the other on my hardwoodfloor at work.

Adds a nice contrast to both rooms. Very executive looking.
By "odd shape" are u referring to the mat that has that tongue piece sticking out?
If so, I agree, I don't like that particular design, so i ordered the rectangular one from them.

The tongued mats are designed for desks so the tongue piece fits under the desk.

I'll post pics of the mats in my offices, if anyone cares/is interested.

I had two choices....buy tacky clear plastic mats for my office, or these nice handstained bamboo mats....seems like a simple decision to me. Received tons of compliments from clients.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jinglealltheway
I Personally use one in my carpeted office
What purpose do they serve in that context?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

I think something like an Eames would have worked, but that bamboo on wood in contrasting colors looks awful.

RickiSonia

Reaction score
whats a good place in houston that has cheap furniture thats really nice and cool thats affordable but has a website so i can look online

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne
What purpose do they serve in that context?
Prevents excessive wear on the carpet. The wheels cut the fibers, drive dust/dirt in further, etc. One lease agreement I had required a mat under any rolling chair. Not a fan of the bamboo or plastic versions.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a custom piece this guy did a few years back. Found it on his web site while looking for walnut slabs on ebay. Asked him about doing a walnut bench with similar legs, on the scale of a nelson bench, for entryway/foot of the bed type of use, and he quoted me $350 + shipping. Seems like a good value to me. Oh, and hey, wanna buy some NDCs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads