• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I hear you as to furniture, curtains, etc. in this room. But I do like it as an example (Not the best, I agree) of the integration of the Terazzo floor in a more modern setting. To contrast: When I see (and think) of terazzo, most often it looks like this in detail (Fill in your choice of color, pattern, chunks, etc. Same difference to me). And then I feel that I am either in my garage, in a hotel lobby or in my grandmother's kitchen. Good thing: The only thing that counts is what you like :)
Yeah, when I mentioned it to my wife she said she had no interest in living in an elementary school or hospital, but ours is small white aggregate inside a white matrix with just a little bit of small mirror chips, so it kind of just reads gloss white.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of concrete (not floors, necessarily), @canstyleace has a neat concrete place

Nice place. I love the way he transforms into a sofa.

Terazzo - It depends. Most often, it gives me a bad 70's vibe if not done in a way/ style like this

This is pretty ugly.

It's easy to make. The company made at least two dozen samples for us and each one was ready in a day. It's basically just mixing a percentage of aggregate into the matrix. We went with white glass, a little clear glass and a little mirror. The natural stone aggregate didn't give us the look we were going for, but it is pretty cool.

As I understand it, samples are one thing, grinding the floor in your house is something else. I think it took a good week and they couldn't go anywhere near the house. That was K, DR, LR, F, halls in one continuous sheet but for the spacers.

Subtle is good. They went with a white and a very slight pale gold stone. Spacers are gold. It's ******* great and and really brings the place to life.

lefty

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

As I understand it, samples are one thing, grinding the floor in your house is something else. I think it took a good week and they couldn't go anywhere near the house. That was K, DR, LR, F, halls in one continuous sheet but for the spacers. 

Subtle is good. They went with a white and a very slight pale gold stone. Spacers are gold. It's ******* great and and really brings the place to life.

lefty 

Oh, totally. Making the mixture is easy but the finishing is awful. Ours was all poured at one time with zinc dividers. Then it is rough ground, then grouted with more of the matrix material in order to fill any holes where the rough grinding pulls out aggregate, then progressively more finely polished. Now it is under ThermoPly but will be buffed once more before we are done. The dust is unbelievable.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
we have to pick our paint color on Tuesday. We have been assembling a collection of samples of all of our various surfaces.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Yeah, some lady in our building wanted to stay in a hotel while we were doing it. She might have been Swiss.

Oh, this is not being done for the Fortress? That's what I had been thinking.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atozcloth