• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome lefty! Are you going to ditch the round corner as well?

Agreed, I would keep the junks to a minimum. Stuff tends to accumulate without proactively finding it.

Dapp

Reaction score
Subscribed. Spent the last 6 years living in a 900 sq ft space, paring down furniture and "stuff"--and am likely moving to a 2000+ sq ft space. Can't wait to junk it up.

I was going to rent an 880 sq. ft. apartment starting this summer and it felt like a mansion compared to my current apartment and the apartment I actually decided to go with (to save $$). At least it reduces the number of things I need to purchase to fill out the space :).

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I will keep them as they mimic the rounded corners of the steel links. Could go either way.

lefty

Pretty weird, but good for you. Regarding the glass, I think square would look a lot better than rounded. The base is square, so it wouldn't be incongruous.

I'm not sure the glass has to be thicker, but I agree that the bevel looks bad. Until you get new glass, try putting the bevel on the bottom, ala Platner tables.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<sigh> I know 900 sqft isn't THAT small altogether, and I know larger families than mine have made do with the space we have (like, larger families have actually lived in our house). But believe me, the four of us could use more space--and more stuff. We're just going to acquire slowly and judiciously.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ah. For a family of four that's a tight space. I'd welcome the larger size you are moving to.

I was speaking in terms of living alone.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The stuff in your 900 sq ft place will probably look great in your 2000 sq ft without the addition of more stuff. Space is the luxury, not stuff. Finally got my Bearden tables into place. They need large and thicker glass without the bevel, but I love them.
lefty
Nice floors, lefty. White walls?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aluminum, which changes drastically from day to night.

The floors are hand-carved walnut and they're in every room except the MB. I don't really like them, but they came with the place and I didn't feel like ripping them all out. The black fur rug looks good on them though.

lefty

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As presented in the photos that's probably my favourite shade for wooden floors. What don't you like about about it and what would you rather have?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would like these floors more if they were herringbone pattern. As it is they are 8' boards laid out in a linear fashion with each row offset by half and that layout seems to fight the hand-hewn nature of the boards. And dark wood floors in a city place are a pain ********** to keep looking clean.

In all seriousness, if I could I would do a polished concrete. Hell on a dropped glass, but fits my steeze.

How the hell can I guy named Lil Wayne afford that house?

lefty

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like a random width for hand-hewn boards, also helps if they are in a timber framed house, that being said I think those floors are pretty nice. Definitely too nice to trade in, unless that plan involved sending them to me for installation into my basement.

Edit, random width and big planks. The best I've seen had to be widths between 6 and 12 inches, random lengths and pegged to the beams.

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would like these floors more if they were herringbone pattern. As it is they are 8' boards laid out in a linear fashion with each row offset by half and that layout seems to fight the hand-hewn nature of the boards. And dark wood floors in a city place are a pain ********** to keep looking clean.

In all seriousness, if I could I would do a polished concrete. Hell on a dropped glass, but fits my steeze.

I like polished concrete too. Years ago I tried some darkish wax stain on my wooden floors, but it never came out as I wanted - too red, kinda like cherry wood. Recently I painted the floors light grey. Works much better in a smalish apartment. Easier on the looking clean bit too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene