• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't think I'd want this in my house, but this has a pretty cool effect:

Full album of construction here: http://imgur.com/gallery/pFaF2

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If I was going to have shelves full of empty mason jars I'd pick those too.

mbaum

Reaction score
So say you had a wall similar to this but sans flatscreen (art instead or a blank wall):

If you wanted a reading area with two chairs with ottoman for reading, facing the fireplace, what would look good and be comfy for reading?

I like SkinnyGoomba's suggestions and was also going with Kjaerholm's PK20/22/24/25.

I love Rietveld's Utrecht chair, especially in blue felt and without contrast stitching but unfortunately they are ******* uncomfortable.

If you prefer to make more of a statement, Newson's Wooden Chair and Morrison's Thinking Man's chair are both surprisingly comfortable to lounge in for a long time.

A cheaper, more understated alternative that I quite like are Welling's Hee lounge chair for Hay and Tolvanen's Visu lounge chair for Muuto. And of course, we already talked about the About a Chair that comes in quite a few lounge choices and also with an ottoman.

Mike

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About a lounge chair is ugly as ****, it looks like it melted.

How about an eames lounge :nest:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Other options could be PP 225, Lange Production FK 87, Ox Chair, Platner Easy or Ro.

Depending on how contemporary the space is something like Verzelloni Zoe could be an option.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go with French Art Deco club chairs in leather. Else I'd pick up something Scandinavian on vintage market.

P.S.I am averse to buying from stores copies of great antiques when antiques are still available and less expensive.

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of Scarpa's table are being produced by Cassina now (actually starting 2013, but news to me);

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I need a plant in my living room. I'm envisioning something about 1½ meters in height, so a large plant or a small tree. I haven't started looking yet, but I assume some of you have given this some thought and have experiences with what's good. So, any recommendations on what to get or not to get?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Basically just has to be something tropical to survive indoors all-year, and preferably a tropical tree that can handle low-light.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking an olive tree, but before I start looking around I was hoping for some inspiration. Are there any particular ones you like?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mind you, I'm not an expert in this area so this is all based on my coming up to speed on Bonsai. Most container trees are happy if they are only indoor for the winters (tropic and subtropic). And it's pretty much required that you pick a tree that does not go dormant in the winter. I have a brush cherry and natal plum that will be indoors for the winter, they are bonsai trees, but it's the same premise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics