1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by gdl203, Oct 22, 2008.

1. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Stylish Dinosaur

Good point, I will do that.

2. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

I just saw the new conference room they put in as a part of renovating one of the floors of our office. Most of the renovations look good so far, but I am really quite disappointed with the choice of chairs for the new conference room.

In our other conference rooms, we either have eames soft pad group chairs or pollack chairs...I believe they are all original from the 80s renovations that built out those rooms. Many of them could have used some leather conditioner over the years and are now cracking, but they are otherwise still going strong.

These new chairs look like someone googled "executive conference room" and then tried to replicate the look with chairs from Office Depot. The lines are off, the corners look overstuffed and cheap, the bases looked like plastic...no way are they going to get 30 years of service out of these chairs.

Shit is like a step above (or below...I can't even tell) this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014

3. SkinnyGoomba

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014

5. twistoffat

twistoffat Senior Member

Just curious but the yellow carpet clashes(at least in my opinion) with the furniture in the room. Was it planned or just coincidence as I feel a wooden floor would be better

6. SkinnyGoomba

I hate that carpet, a wooden floor would be a lot better. It's slightly less offensive IRL, since it is not yellow but tan, either way it will eventually be gone.

7. Medwed

Medwed Distinguished Member

Boston-NYC-Helsinki-Pietari-Budapest-Antwerp-Basel
    I feel wide plank floors for this room. Hey, you know how to do tongue in groove ...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014

8. SkinnyGoomba

Yeah, the stipulation from my wife is that I can do whatever I want with the floor after we have kids and after they are walking.

9. Find Finn

Get a coir carpet, that will teach them to walk in a split.

10. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Nah it just gets you tough knees with funny imprints.

Had one in the basement where I would play with Lego for years....was uncomfortable but didn't stop me from spending hours sitting/kneeling on it.

11. Find Finn

We had a wall to wall in our living room growing up, so believe me I know.

12. SkinnyGoomba

There are a few projects ahead of that. After I finish my wife's study, I'm working on my staircase that leads upstairs (the one I finished a few years ago is the stairwell to the basement). That's going to be fairly involved, in addition to building a handrail, re-doing the shitty finish carpentry of the builders and skim-coating the drywall I am building frames to display some tapestries that are hung in a sort of terrible fashion at the moment. After that I have planned a daybed to build and a table(s) to display my bonsai trees outside. I also plan to paint the main floor, which will involve plenty of drywall work and framing plenty of artwork and tapestries which are currently not to my liking.

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Did you start with the basement staircase as a lower-stakes practice run?

14. SkinnyGoomba

No, it was desperately in need of someone capable of working with more than a claw hammer and a chop saw. In the beginning it was based on priority, now I'm working toward a unified aesthetic and changing things that I hate looking at, rug aside.

It's a surprisingly long process to get a whole house together.

15. Medwed

Medwed Distinguished Member

Boston-NYC-Helsinki-Pietari-Budapest-Antwerp-Basel
    You are putting a lot of labor into this house, is it because you are planning to stay in it for a long time? I am thinking all that labor does increse resale of your house but by how much? Not a lot of buyers in US pay atention to the details when they buy the house.