• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Take it concervator , it would not cost much to straighten the print and you'd accomplish two things: fix it and also receive the info on the age and care of that thing.

Good point, I will do that.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just saw the new conference room they put in as a part of renovating one of the floors of our office. Most of the renovations look good so far, but I am really quite disappointed with the choice of chairs for the new conference room.

In our other conference rooms, we either have eames soft pad group chairs or pollack chairs...I believe they are all original from the 80s renovations that built out those rooms. Many of them could have used some leather conditioner over the years and are now cracking, but they are otherwise still going strong.

These new chairs look like someone googled "executive conference room" and then tried to replicate the look with chairs from Office Depot. The lines are off, the corners look overstuffed and cheap, the bases looked like plastic...no way are they going to get 30 years of service out of these chairs.

**** is like a step above (or below...I can't even tell) this:

Last edited:

twistoffat

Reaction score

9BFC7F91-206E-4CDE-9451-709C24A32287_zpspmzikgw1.jpg

Japanese silk screen from the late 18th century and bought from a Japanese junk collector, which I then framed.

Just curious but the yellow carpet clashes(at least in my opinion) with the furniture in the room. Was it planned or just coincidence as I feel a wooden floor would be better

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate that carpet, a wooden floor would be a lot better. It's slightly less offensive IRL, since it is not yellow but tan, either way it will eventually be gone.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel wide plank floors for this room. Hey, you know how to do tongue in groove ...

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, the stipulation from my wife is that I can do whatever I want with the floor after we have kids and after they are walking.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Get a coir carpet, that will teach them to walk in a split.

Nah it just gets you tough knees with funny imprints.

Had one in the basement where I would play with Lego for years....was uncomfortable but didn't stop me from spending hours sitting/kneeling on it.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We had a wall to wall in our living room growing up, so believe me I know.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are a few projects ahead of that. After I finish my wife's study, I'm working on my staircase that leads upstairs (the one I finished a few years ago is the stairwell to the basement). That's going to be fairly involved, in addition to building a handrail, re-doing the ****** finish carpentry of the builders and skim-coating the drywall I am building frames to display some tapestries that are hung in a sort of terrible fashion at the moment. After that I have planned a daybed to build and a table(s) to display my bonsai trees outside. I also plan to paint the main floor, which will involve plenty of drywall work and framing plenty of artwork and tapestries which are currently not to my liking.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did you start with the basement staircase as a lower-stakes practice run?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, it was desperately in need of someone capable of working with more than a claw hammer and a chop saw. In the beginning it was based on priority, now I'm working toward a unified aesthetic and changing things that I hate looking at, rug aside.

It's a surprisingly long process to get a whole house together.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are putting a lot of labor into this house, is it because you are planning to stay in it for a long time? I am thinking all that labor does increse resale of your house but by how much? Not a lot of buyers in US pay atention to the details when they buy the house.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads