1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by gdl203, Oct 22, 2008.

1. LeatherBoot

LeatherBoot Senior member

To All Clad's credit they do have good customer service and replaced my warped pans but one of their replacements right out of the box made the same vibration noise that my other warped Al Clads did. I thought that maybe just light pans vibrate on induction but after using Fissler I know that's not true.

2. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Yeah I've been cooking more and have been looking to get quality, if not terribly expensive, items.

I have a few heavy cast iron pieces, I'm trying out an 11in multi-clad deep pan to see if I like it and then will get more pieces if the testing is favorable.

My living situation will likely change drastically in the coming year so I don't want to invest much on furniture and whatnot until I know what I'm moving to. I still have a bunch of stuff in storage that will hopefully (finally) be used.

Also thanks for that fuckyournoguchicoffeetable tumblr. So much gold in there.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  3. otc

otc Senior member

Damn, Is that tumblr still going? Thought they would have burnt out on material years ago.

Any thoughts on a chair for a balcony?
    Was thinking about a Bertoia wire chair. It gets super windy up here so things either need to be very heavy or a design that lets the breeze blow through (also a plus for a design that won't hold water).

Maybe even pick one up where the chrome or paint has started to fail and get it powdercoated for full outdoor service.

Emeco Navy chairs with a drainage hole drilled in the seat?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  4. otc

otc Senior member

5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

will these go with a table?

6. otc

otc Senior member

Probably not... Maybe a very small one. Mostly just somewhere I could sit and relax a bit with a beer or coffee when the weather warms up.

For just holding a drink, the top of the smoker works like a table and it's not a huge balcony

7. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

We have a mix of All Clad and WMF pots and pans. The only way I know how to destroy a pan is empty the hot contents then straight to cold water. My FIL does this but All Clad seems to replace theirs with no head aches.

8. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

9. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I have an lc1 outdoor that I bring out for an occasional cigar, Way more comfortable than a bertoia chair.

10. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I always liked Arper's Leaf chairs. Small footprint, stackable, and one can also get a matching chaise or chaise lounge.

11. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

[​IMG]

I just picked this up for my younger brother who, despite living in Southern California, uses his apartment fireplace once or twice a week.

12. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I take it your brother has idle hands.

1 person likes this.
  13. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    Behold , Vintage IKEA from 1970s. Everything was better in 70s, :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. LeatherBoot

LeatherBoot Senior member

I wonder how much that cost when it was new.

15. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    Ladies that lunch.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. KYEEZUS

KYEEZUS Active Member

Can anyone tell me if these are authentic or not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  17. twistoffat

twistoffat Senior member

I have them and they look real. They are LEM bar stools from La Palma. The Baseplate should also have a slightly riffled effect. Make sure the gas spring on the adjustable seat are working. One of mine id defect and its a pain in the a..

18. KYEEZUS

KYEEZUS Active Member

Yea they're real. apparently they were owned by nike and they gave them away to a thrift store (the headquarters are like 1/2 an hour away from me) . i was lucky to grab them.

1 person likes this.
  19. godofcoffee

godofcoffee Senior member

Considering buying a Saarinen Carrera-top pedestal table during Knoll's sale--I was surprised at how relatively cheap they are ($5,200):

[​IMG]

Will probably use knockoff Eames wire chairs, because fuck paying $1,200 for a chair:

[​IMG]

Thoughts? I love wire chairs and pedestal tables, but they definitely toe the line between classic and cliche.

20. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

what did we learn in the Eames knockoff thread about getting half off all H-M orders?