• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
28007.9F9481AA.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You really are a Jasper Morrison slut, aren't you? :)

I think if we went with one of his designs, we'd do the cantilevered Hal chairs. Legs with the Saarinen are just wrong.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For now, we don't care about the floors. We rent.

Well, you are most likely going to pay for damaged floors when you move.

I have wanted to see a Established & Sons Tudor next to Saarinen or platner table for years.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The concrete Chair One is EIGHTY-FIVE pounds. Hmm.

of course! Look at that ******* chair.

I like his high-backed Lotus chair best. The lounge chair version is being considered for our living room. Or the Panton System 1-2-3 lounge chair in quilted leather.

Well, you are most likely going to pay for damaged floors when you move.

I have wanted to see a Established & Sons Tudor next to Saarinen or platner table for years.

The E&S is okay--but again, I really want to avoid legs. If I were going to pick a chair with legs, they'd need to look very light. The stacking version of the Chair One, for example.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

The concrete Chair One is EIGHTY-FIVE pounds. Hmm.

I'm pretty sure your wife is 85 pounds. Poor girl when she becomes trapped at the table in those chairs.

I like his high-backed Lotus chair best. The lounge chair version is being considered for our living room.

bird chair. Our ideal living room will have a bird chair, peacock chair, and then inconspicuous everything else.

i prefer the S-chair to the Panton, but that's just me.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure your wife is 85 pounds. Poor girl when she becomes trapped at the table in those chairs.

It will just remind her that I'm useful.

I think 85 pounds can be moved back and forth okay, actually. We just need to put some felt or something underneath the concrete. Anyway, I think they'll be freaking gorgeous, so that makes it worth all the trouble.

bird chair. Our ideal living room will have a bird chair, peacock chair, and then inconspicuous everything else.[

i prefer the S-chair to the Panton, but that's just me.

Are you trying to stage an abstract zoo?

The Panton System 1-2-3 Lounge Chair Deluxe in brown leather:

Tell me that doesn't just ooze slippery 70's sex.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Are you trying to stage an abstract zoo?

I always loved the look of the bird chair, and then I sat in one. Now it's a must have.

the peacock chair is just ridiculous to the max, and that's why I love it.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Bird chair is cool, but not useful for us. I assume you tried out othermatt's?

The Peacock chair is troubling to everything I believe in aesthetically. Better than the horse lamp you posted a while back, though . . .

What is your current living room setup?

Also I take it from your silence on the matter that you are indeed aroused by the Panton lounge chair I posted.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you sat in the Peacock chair? I like finn juhl, but have a preference for the model 45 for use as a pair. They're pretty sweet.

Edit* ****, i'm thinking of the pelican chair.

Are you talking about Han's Wegner's peacock chair?

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really don't like those Panton chairs, but I feel that way about most of his designs.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

The Bird chair is cool, but not useful for us. I assume you tried out othermatt's?

what uses were you considering for a chair?

The Peacock chair is troubling to everything I believe in aesthetically. Better than the horse lamp you posted a while back, though . . .

no, they are both awesome. That is a fact, not an opinion.

What is your current living room setup?

Muji wood + wire desk (which I love), grey file cabinet under, Eames eifel chair for the desk, some ************* sofa from Room and Board (I almost came close to buying a Hollow sofa from B&B yesterday for $2K, but it was too small), Corb LC3 Méridienne, antique coffee table (posted a pic in the antiques thread, two Tesso book cases at either side of the non-functioning fireplace.

Also I take it from your silence on the matter that you are indeed aroused by the Panton lounge chair I posted.

slippery 70's sex ruined it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I love this thread. :inlove:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Have you sat in the Peacock chair? I like finn juhl, but have a preference for the model 45 for use as a pair. They're pretty sweet.

Edit* ****, i'm thinking of the pelican chair.

Are you talking about Han's Wegner's peacock chair?

4272_photo_2_1291063411.jpg

and yes, I've sat in one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads