• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

esoxm

Reaction score
+1 on the SNOO. I was highly skeptical but wasn't going to override the better half on it - she was right (usually is).

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. 🙏🏽

On another note, this Noguchi 1A light sculpture just came in. Also seen, Akron Street side table and DWR Story bookcase.
642F942D-45A2-4834-9EF7-7ECF90840634.jpeg

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the 1N which has lasted me for close to a decade.

For what it costs, I hope mine does the same. Currently it feels as if I slam the bathroom door too hard it might implode like a soufflé.

emptym

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this website?:

Some great images, all B&W, such as
SHORPY_5a21059u.preview.jpg

And the pics are grouped in different categories, such as by city. But they have interiors, street shots, cars, etc.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Anyone heard of this website?:

Some great images, all B&W, such as View attachment 1868131
And the pics are grouped in different categories, such as by city. But they have interiors, street shots, cars, etc.

Lovely! Reminds me of how fun it was to browse through the John Margolies stuff at the Library of Congress site, then poking around further and finding some great architecture and design photos in the LoC archives as well.

For example, some photos of the Philip Johnson's Wiley house being built in 1953: https://www.loc.gov/search/?in=&q=wiley+new+canaan&new=true&st=

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
This is also something I've been wanting to share for quite a while, but don't really know where to post it on SF.

It's a catalogue of consumer aesthetics and design languages, with plenty of examples of everything. Called CARI, it's all just done by enthusiasts and they have the following page as well as links to related are.na s for more. So much fun to browse, and it's interesting beyond just nostalgia IMO.

https://cari.institute/aesthetics

Mujib

Reaction score
Lamp and storage unit came in a couple of weeks ago. Have I placed the lamp too high?

Attachments

• C165C5E7-A7D5-4C0E-A8B1-F69413D4EDEA.jpeg
    C165C5E7-A7D5-4C0E-A8B1-F69413D4EDEA.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 469

Mujib

Reaction score
It’s a table lamp, so I guess it’s not supposed to go on top of a bookshelf/storage unit. I’ll have to find another spot for it.

The blue thing is a book set (new Cormac McCarthy novels). I put it up there for the time being because otherwise my son (almost two) would destroy it.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is also something I've been wanting to share for quite a while, but don't really know where to post it on SF.

It's a catalogue of consumer aesthetics and design languages, with plenty of examples of everything. Called CARI, it's all just done by enthusiasts and they have the following page as well as links to related are.na s for more. So much fun to browse, and it's interesting beyond just nostalgia IMO.

this is so cool. thanks for sharing.

true.to.size

Reaction score

Utopian Scholastic 4eva

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who was looking for a good looking wall desk? @Parker ?

This thing is pretty sweet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads