• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokencycle

Reaction score
We were thinking of getting the Jonas sofa from DWR: View attachment 1843945
But Greg's endorsement of Interior Define got me configuring something similar (Marlowe): View attachment 1843946
I like how you can make the cushions reversible and one long piece, at least for functionality.
View attachment 1843944
But the DWR couch looks better to me. I wonder which would be more durable. Reviews of the Jonas are not great, but it seems the negative ones were from feathers poking through, and that's been addressed. Some great wool options from DWR, like beck, letterpress or molecule.

Which would you guys get, or would you recommend something else? We were also thinking of getting a curved couch, but haven't found anything we love.

The DWR couch looks nicer to me for two reasons: 1. I like the separate, pillow like look of the back cushions, and the wider armrests. That being said, I'd be tempted by the Marlowe at the lower price point.

For a curved couch, we have the R&B Reese, which I really like : https://www.roomandboard.com/catalog/living/sectionals/reese-curved-sectionals

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks, BC. Yeah, we may just have to bite the bullet and go with the DWR. Fortunately, I can get 20% off through my brother (an architect).

This is more the kind of curved couch that I meant.
Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 6.42.15 PM.png

Although, with those pillows, it looks like a smiling face.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Thanks, BC. Yeah, we may just have to bite the bullet and go with the DWR. Fortunately, I can get 20% off through my brother (an architect).

This is more the kind of curved couch that I meant. View attachment 1843977

Have you looked at CB2? I know they're not a styleforum approved brand, but I believe they have several options, and the few things I have bought from them have been fine quality wise and seem like a good value relative to peer stores like West Elm.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is more the kind of curved couch that I meant. View attachment 1843977
I like that one a lot, and it looks way more comfortable, which is, I know, not really important for StyFo bros.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I would enjoy the narrow armrests of that Marlowe sofa. I like the comfort of wider armrests

emptym

Reaction score
@brokencycle, thanks. We did look at CB2 a while back, and I just did again. There isn't anything we love in their current offerings.

@SixOhNine, the curved one? It does look comfy.

@gdl203, I agree. That's the biggest downside of the Marlowe. Love how the cushions can be reversed though (for an extra fee).

So, I was about to order the Jonas last night, when I thought I should confirm the color with my wife. We'd been thinking of ordering that model with that fabric since before covid. We'd seen it in the shop, discussed it a few times, I'd shown her other options, and she still went back to the Jonas in light blue/gray. Of course, last night when I asked for final confirmation, she says that now she doesn't like that model or fabric...

brokencycle

Reaction score
@brokencycle, thanks. We did look at CB2 a while back, and I just did again. There isn't anything we love in their current offerings.

@SixOhNine, the curved one? It does look comfy.

@gdl203, I agree. That's the biggest downside of the Marlowe. Love how the cushions can be reversed though (for an extra fee).

So, I was about to order the Jonas last night, when I thought I should confirm the color with my wife. We'd been thinking of ordering that model with that fabric since before covid. We'd seen it in the shop, discussed it a few times, I'd shown her other options, and she still went back to the Jonas in light blue/gray. Of course, last night when I asked for final confirmation, she says that now she doesn't like that model or fabric...

Pro-tip: never confer with the wife.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We were thinking of getting the Jonas sofa from DWR: View attachment 1843945
But Greg's endorsement of Interior Define got me configuring something similar (Marlowe): View attachment 1843946
I like how you can make the cushions reversible and one long piece, at least for functionality.
View attachment 1843944
But the DWR couch looks better to me. I wonder which would be more durable. Reviews of the Jonas are not great, but it seems the negative ones were from feathers poking through, and that's been addressed. Some great wool options from DWR, like beck, letterpress or molecule.

Which would you guys get, or would you recommend something else? We were also thinking of getting a curved couch, but haven't found anything we love.
The Jonas looks like a more cohesive design to me, and I share Greg's preference for a wider armrest.

Usonian

Reaction score
the DWR couch is weirdly proportioned? seems way too wide in unflattering ways, is that just me? like it needs more heft at the base, it shouldn't be sitting on those spindly chrome legs. that being said, it'll definitely be far more comfortable than the other one...

i just bought an article sven couch and it kinda checks both of these boxes of being not hideous and also is comfortable? i've only had this couch for like... 2 months... and i've napped on it far more than any other couch i've had in the past like decade.

Mujib

Reaction score

If you like the wider armrests, you should look at the Arena (although it has the cushion problem I mentioned).

Mujib

Reaction score
An unrelated question: I recently ordered a large USM Haller storage unit, and while I wanted compartments with lighting, I decided not to go with that option because of the huge price difference. What's another option for hidden lighting in the open compartments?
Any suggestions?

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're ordering from DWR, look out for a promo email with 20% off any one item and there's free shipping right now. Was enough to make me pull the trigger on a Nelson Cigar Lotus floor lamp

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads