• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rewirela
Not UIL certified; your contractor can thank me later!
Thanks, man! coincidentally I just discovered Rewire last week. Tons of cool stuff. I've even asked if they would make a copule of their wall lights with switches. Their instagram has lots of vintage stuff too.

And yeah my electrician is gonna love me.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 how painful was the Atlas shelving install? Did you go through a decorator?

I am afraid I have looked over the various shelving players, and most are too industrial for my taste. So here I am with a quote that is nearly the price of a Kia... not sure I can get them to move on their list pricing

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@gdl203 how painful was the Atlas shelving install? Did you go through a decorator?

I am afraid I have looked over the various shelving players, and most are too industrial for my taste. So here I am with a quote that is nearly the price of a Kia... not sure I can get them to move on their list pricing
When we got the system originally, they had their approved installer do the install for us - it was expensive but the system was already so $$$ that it didn't feel too painful.

When we moved, I took it off the wall and kept all the hardware, and when we re-installed it in the new house, our contractor said he was fine putting it up on the wall so that saved us a hefty fee.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When we got the system originally, they had their approved installer do the install for us - it was expensive but the system was already so $$$ that it didn't feel too painful.

When we moved, I took it off the wall and kept all the hardware, and when we re-installed it in the new house, our contractor said he was fine putting it up on the wall so that saved us a hefty fee.
Order of magnitude more than string? Or how $$$$ are we talking?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Order of magnitude more than string? Or how $$$$ are we talking?
I'm not really sure I understand the question - are you asking about the cost of installation or the cost of the whole system we got?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
It turns out replacing the pulls on my kitchen cabinets and drawers is pretty challenging. It's taking me ordering the wrong size twice to conclude there is 4-1/16" center-to-center between the existing holes. Literally the only black pulls I can find in that size are these, which I'm meh on:

1643330533471.png

Other than black there's maybe some brass pulls and that's it.

Anyone have recommendations for a resource I may not have found via Google?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And you're sure they're not just 4" ? I've never heard of 4 1/16" as a standard size :/

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
And you're sure they're not just 4" ? I've never heard of 4 1/16" as a standard size :/
I am, after trial and error. This is New York – you get what the contractors decided to install.

4-1/8th" is too large, so I'm fairly certain 4" would be too small. I thought about ways to stretch or repair and replace the holes, but the first isn't really possible and the second is too much labor for possibly having to replace them with the originals when I move out.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am, after trial and error. This is New York – you get what the contractors decided to install.
I get that but if you go to build.com (basically where contractors source stuff when not at store) there is nothing of that standard. You should buy 1 pull in 4” and double check maybe?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
I get that but if you go to build.com (basically where contractors source stuff when not at store) there is nothing of that standard. You should buy 1 pull in 4” and double check maybe?
For the sake of science, why not.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefranchise