• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool fade patterns

Chris Benson

Reaction score
Hey,

About a month ago I bought my first pair of Nudie Slim Jims and I'm just loving them. I really like looking at them every couple days to see how the fading is going. Right now I have a pocket knife in my front right pocket thats just starting to come in. I didn't have anything in my back pockets up to this point like my wallet or cell phone simply because I find sitting on lumps very uncomfortable.

I still would like some fading in the back pocket, and came up up an idea. I have this metal key chain that is in the shape of a lion rampart. Sort looks like this http://www.crex.org/images/Rampant Lion.gif

I tried putting it in my back pocket and found it would keep moving around, so I ended up sewing it in place so I would get a good fade. This got me to thinking that if you were to sew other things on high stress areas in other parts of the jeans you might get some really cool fading. What do you all think?

Reaction score
i think you are trying too hard

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's good you're excited about your clothes, but I think you're thinking to much about your jeans.
To me it comes of as a bit affected and tacky... Although I guessing you're probably younger, so do what you like I guess.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think its pretty lame. just like people putting dip cans in their back pocket when they don't dip. raw jeans are supposed to be about personal fades, so don't go out of your way to try and make some stupid tiger fade on them. just put things in yor pocet that would normally be in your pockets and beat around in your jeans.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
i think you are trying too hard

Agreed, though I don't like ornamentation on jeans at all. No back pocket stitching and no patch looks best to me.

Chris Benson

Reaction score
Hey thanks for your thoughts.
smile.gif
The key chain thing is something I really like as it is a Scottish symbol and my mother's side of the family came from Scotland and I got a tatoo of my family crest which is simliar to it.

I'm not going to do the other things I mention, but thought others might to. So I was just putting it out there.

Cheers!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you should put a brass ****** in your back pocket. that would be sick

Reborn

Reaction score
I fill my back pockets with 9mm shells so the fades tell people not to **** with me.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder, if you wore jeans that were too tight... Cock fadez?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
^^^ yes, cock fades are previous level

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
^^^ yes, cock fades are previous level

yeah, all teh sufu kids know that cock fadez aren't as cool as just cranking one out in/on your jeans. for super serial.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That post is fuckin disturbing...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Items in pockets - Oftentimes, denim wearers will put various items in their pockets solely for the fade outline that results around said item. In general, this is the mentality of a noob who is entranced by the magical novelty of fading. The most common items are wallets, cell phones, chapstick, zippos, keys, etc. Because these items are pretty useful and commonly used, having fades of these items is generally acceptable. However, many aficionados find that symmetry of whiskers is attractive (a great example here: was ist los?'s Warehouse Doubleworks 660) and avoid having item fades on their front pockets. In general, item fades that reflect your life and personality are ok. For example, some people put chewing tobacco canisters ( snus) in their back pockets to create a circle. This is OK if you actually use snus, otherwise you are a "˜fake'. On the extreme end, some people put odd items like brass knuckles in their back pockets to be cool. This is widely considered to be the act of a douchebag. Even if you routinely use brass knuckles in your daily activities, it is not recommended to advertise this fact.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=68358

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads