• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool everyday jackets for $150 or less

SageOne

Reaction score
Any thoughts on cool jackets for $150 or less? I've been slowly revamping my ultra outdated wardrobe and next on the list is a jacket i can wear for spring/summer. I'm moving to LA in six months, so it doesn't have to be winter equipped at all. Would love some outside the box ideas!

SageOne

Reaction score
Wow. that actually looks really awesome. my face never melts this fast...WTF?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
150$ is a lot to work with if you aren't worried about being warm.

Cool is pretty subjective.

Cruise Ebay for a N-1 deck jacket, occasionally they can be had within your price range.

Levis or Lee jean jacket, they're very everyday and much less than 150$.

If you don't actually need a jacket right now, save your pennies and buy a nigel cabourn jacket.

Another suggestion, next time you have a question ask it in the small questions thread.

Jacob_G

Reaction score
just buy a original military field jacket.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SageOne
Wow. that actually looks really awesome. my face never melts this fast...WTF?

I recommend the cadet jacket as well, I have the faded black. I'd like to get the hawthorne green as well, but take note though, it's not meant for really cold weather. Its just right here in california but somewhere like up north or the east you'll be pretty cold if you just wear the jacket and no other layers besides a shirt. The jacket is pretty thin.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Check out H&M's web site. They sell a similar jacket for an insanely low price.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
I recommend the cadet jacket as well, I have the faded black. I'd like to get the hawthorne green as well, but take note though, it's not meant for really cold weather. Its just right here in california but somewhere like up north or the east you'll be pretty cold if you just wear the jacket and no other layers besides a shirt. The jacket is pretty thin.

I just picked up the Cadet jacket this passed weekend in the nearly black color. I say nearly black because it's actually a very very dark olive, sorta cool.

I saw it in the store a couple of months back and thought it was too wrinkly looking but decided to give it another shot. It turns out it looks great on me and although it's not really lined, on colder days you can wear a hoodie under it (with the hood sticking out) and it looks great that way.

I wish it was a little cheaper though I recommend it.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At that price point you are either going to get factory fashion (H&M, AA, UA, etc...) that will fall apart after 1 season, or your better bet is to find something nicer on sale used on the buy/sell threads or eBay. For example, I've seen jackets from the following go for $150-$200: Rick Owens (the DRKSHDW denim jackets usually but occasionally a cotton jacket) Ann D (some of the older bombers/jackets are going for $200) W&H TOJ Black Scissors Nice Collective
Originally Posted by gort
Can you buy H&M online?
No, not in the USA

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave333
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/o...2993/22993.jsp

Something along the lines of this.

I actually own this exact same jacket in a more khaki-like color. I've had it for a few years now.

It is very nice, there is a lot of detailing. It is more tapered and slim fitting, which is good.

You can dress it up (looks fine w/ a collared shirt for Bus. casual) or dress down (great with t-shirt and jeans).

The only thing, it is not very warm. But great bang for your buck.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's plenty of non-Baracuta Harrington's out there for that price. Vintage ones show up on ebay from time to time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads