1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Ebay Finds

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chronoaug, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

Finally got around to dry-cleaning the Burberry trench I won on eBay. Wow, what a difference! I didn't realize how dirty it was. Looks almost new now.

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

3. whacked

whacked Senior member

4. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Two nice sales; this seller has a lot of good stuff (has some SS 09 Filippa K outerwear for about sixty or seventy percent off retail) but these are in size small and are priced very nicely. Anyone looking for a windbreaker, check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-ACNE-J...3A1%7C294%3A50 = Red Acne "Rain Jacket", looks like a little Chrono's WESC windbreaker but nicer

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AUTHENTIC-AC...3A1%7C294%3A50 = Black Acne Button-up Bomber Style Windbreaker

I have that ACNE Monsoon jacket, I wore it in NYC on saturday when it was raining, with a wool/cashmere/silk cardigan underneath and tee shirt underneath, weather was approx 50 degrees, it was perfect...
    kept me dry, and warm enough...
    by no means is this a warm jacket though, but it will keep you dry, it is sort of cropped... overall i like it a lot, it is from S/S 08, I wear a MED in boo, and this fits real well in size 48. It can last you from spring to fall I'd imagine depending on what you wear underneath. I got mine from gilt for approx $90ish. This jacket retailed around $400.

5. toothsomesound

6. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

7. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

8. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

9. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-ACNE-J...3A1%7C294%3A50 = Red Acne "Rain Jacket", looks like a little Chrono's WESC windbreaker but nicer
    Thanks, ARW. I've wanted this for a while, but I kept missing out on it. That seller also has the red Acne Monsoon jacket in Euro sizes 50, 52, and 54.

10. clausc

clausc Senior member

Anybody bought from the above mentioned seller from ebay (mashina-vremeni)? The seller seem to be located in Turkey, where are plenty of fakes, but on the other side most of the Acne stuff is made in Turkey or Albania?
    The prices are less than or 50% retail...

11. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

A lot of Filippa K is made in Turkey, too, as are some other random pieces of clothing that I have. I wouldn't be surprised if this seller merely picks up seconds and the like from the factories.

We'll see -- I ordered the Acne jacket in S about an hour ago.

EDIT: Shipped out the next morning.

12. minos36

minos36 Active Member

just picked up these ps ricards. can't wait to get them! [​IMG]

13. clausc

clausc Senior member

14. minos36

minos36 Active Member

oh darn, i feel like a stupid american consumer now. didn't even know to check KG. ps boots are hard to find in the states, in general. perhaps i'll look into purchasing a pair of brogues from KG next month. thanks for the tip.

15. cjl2g

cjl2g Senior member

^ it's the third time that seller has listed that vibskov piece...lol

16. toothsomesound

^ it's the third time that seller has listed that vibskov piece...lol

Yeah, the firs time (and maybe second?) he posted it he didn't have his crappy cell phone quality picture, just a stock one so I got sketched out. Dunno.

17. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I noticed that. He drops the price a bit each time too. It's a solid jacket, albeit overdesigned detail wise.

18. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

19. Chris2289

Chris2289 Senior member

I brought a Swatch Watch on there back in 2005 for about $9 and I saw the exact same one on there being sold for $70. I class that as a pretty good find....especially when I sell it next week lol.