• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool Ebay Finds

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
I just dont understand why sellers overcharge canadian customers for shipping, unless it really is just about making a couple extra bucks

It is no more effort than shipping to someone in the states.

I can't speak for others but for me it takes more effort to ship something to Canada than it does for something domestic. Filling out extra forms, having to go to the post office, waiting in line, etc. That's time I could be using to earn more money.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ +1. The "shipping" they charge you may include any handling fees.

wiru

Reaction score
canadians will be dissapointed again, but here is a vintage version of the eg clicker jacket. wish it was one size smaller!

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
^ +1. The "shipping" they charge you may include any handling fees.

The only way I could see handling fees to justify that price is if he's driving it himself to the border.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
canadians will be dissapointed again, but here is a vintage version of the eg clicker jacket. wish it was one size smaller!
^ I found a company that does repro clicker jackets. I'll see if I can find my bookmark. Apparently there's some niche market for them.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
i was really looking fwd to bidding on this old cardigan...but, i'm priced out already...auction ends on my birthday, too
frown.gif

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
i was really looking fwd to bidding on this old cardigan...but, i'm priced out already...auction ends on my birthday, too
frown.gif

thats marsupialed!

Re: canadian shipping, really, extra forms? wtf. and that justifies 20 dollars in handling? I ship to the states all the time, pretty much exclusively when i sell items, and i print all my slips from paypal, there is no way that this isnt possible for US residents. I should charge an extra 20 bucks from changing the clickdown box from canada to usa

20,30 bucks above domestic shipping is a crock of ******* bullshit

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
thats marsupialed!

Re: canadian shipping, really, extra forms? wtf. and that justifies 20 dollars in handling? I ship to the states all the time, pretty much exclusively when i sell items, and i print all my slips from paypal, there is no way that this isnt possible for US residents. I should charge an extra 20 bucks from changing the clickdown box from canada to usa

20,30 bucks above domestic shipping is a crock of ******* bullshit

Yes it is possible, but if only you use Priority International. With Canada as destination, it starts around $17, and goes up quick. More expensive for other countries.

We know you're cheap, and Canada Post just happens to offer lower prices than almost everyone else. Shut up already.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Get over it canada people. Priority shipping 2-3 days in the US costs between $5-8 for most clothes including delivery confirmation. To use priority to canada it's $17+. That's just how it is. If a US shipper uses normal first class they can do it for less than $10 but they can't get any delivery confirmation. To ship outside the US with delivery confirmation it costs about $30 every time. Quit complaining about the shippers as it's not their fault if they're doing it because they want to have delivery confirmation. Can't blame them for wanting that with how dishonest ebay buyers are at times

mpcec

Reaction score
Word, everytime I've sent **** to canada it has cost me between $25-$32, I'm not about to send **** without delivery confirmation and get fucked over...

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a WWM upland jacket someone is auctioning off right now.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rick Owens Jacket
I would cop, I just have too many jackets already.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads