Cool Ebay Finds

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chronoaug, Jun 26, 2007.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I'm actually pissed about the cdg x h&m collab because now my searches for cdg items on ebay will be ruined by a bunch of overpriced reseller shit.

2. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

3. takita787

takita787 Member

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

vintage sweatshirt

another vintage sweatshirt

superdenim has got me craving one bad.

robbie

Holy crap, why would anyone pay that much for those kind of sweaters? am I missing something, if so please explain it to me so I can change industries and focus on selling old sweaters on ebay to become a millionaire...

5. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Holy crap, why would anyone pay that much for those kind of sweaters? am I missing something, if so please explain it to me so I can change industries and focus on selling old sweaters on ebay to become a millionaire...

Some people stick their head into the past too far, I'm not surprised.

6. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea, plus it looks like shit. Just because it's pseudo military looking and has a lot of buttons doesn't make it cool

8. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Some people stick their head into the past too far, I'm not surprised.

What is the difference between this and someone dropping money on vintage denimz?

9. whacked

whacked Senior member

What is the difference between quality denim with unique features and a quality sweatshirt with unique features?

The difference is that, those sweatshirts, in all likelihood, retailed for <$20 (or <$50 in today's prices) and were no better made than other stuff in their era. And they all came from thrift/vintage stores.

At that price, there're lots and lots of options from current designers. Or for a bit more, Loopwheeler.

10. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

The difference is that, those sweatshirts, in all likelihood, retailed for <$20 (or <$50 in today's prices) and were no better made than other stuff in their era. And they all came from thrift/vintage stores.

At that price, there're lots and lots of options from current designers. Or for a bit more, Loopwheeler.

This man.

11. crpz32

crpz32 Senior member

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ It's really old.

13. onion

onion Senior member

14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Also so very, very fake.

Yeah, alright. My bad, it's not like I did diligence on the item. I just thought it looked interesting, but didn't exactly investigate if it was genuine or not. I'll be more careful next time.

Yea, plus it looks like shit. Just because it's pseudo military looking and has a lot of buttons doesn't make it cool

It's just an opinion, and I happen to think that military inspired looks are cool. It's not the best version I've seen adn I think it's actually a bit over the top, but there were some features I liked. Besides, it's "cool ebay finds", not "only waht Chrono thinks is cool on ebay finds". No offence, just if it's not your taste, whatever, don't buy it.

I think the point is that with something like vintage jeans there are a number of possible reasons for wanting them and the willingness to pay such as limited production runs or no longer available, they were good quality/expensive even at the time, they are highly regarded and hard to find, etc. To me those sweaters looked pretty run of the mill. But based on the prices, I was asking if there was something I wasn't seeing to justify them...

15. whacked

whacked Senior member