Cool Cardigans: Where To Find?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by allcapitan, Jan 11, 2007.

1. allcapitan

allcapitan Senior member

I've been looking around for some nice cardigan sweaters. Maybe something with nice details like elbow patches, and definitely fitted. Where are some good places to look? It seems like everywhere I go, places are sold out of this style. Not much I like on ebay either. Any hints?

I want to keep it around $50-60 or less.

Capitan

2. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I've had a tough time finding cardigans as well. I need someone to fill me in too, although personally, I would forgo any options that have shoulder patches. Nor am I looking for anything cool, I just want a basic cardigan.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I bought 2 cardigans this season, and I'm getting TONS of roadmileage out of them. and they came from shops I never buy from usually

they're both varsity striped cardigans (my latest obsession since i passed over an awesome one a few years ago, I've been kicking myself over it)

first was from the Gap (wearing it today)...taupe with lt sand stripes on arms. retail was $70 but went on sale for $30. i don't think it's avail anymore

the other one is from French Connection. black with gray contrast trim and varsity stripes. This has become one of my fave sweaters. it's really well fitting, very soft, and everything about it just suits me well. retail $98 but i'm sure it's gonna be on sale soon if not already

otherwise, the best caridgans I've seen were from Hermes and only cost $2000

4. fassbinder

fassbinder Senior member

you can find well fitted cheap carigans at h&m, zara and topshop (uk). they won't last forever but at their price who is complaining.

5. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

not quite at the Hermes level, but Viktor & Rolf's F/W had a black cardigan with a clean, sharp silhouette and pleasant wool/cashmere/silk blend. ~$200, i believe.