• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool Alden Shell Boot

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Moulded Shoe has a unique pair of shell boots that someone should buy. They are Alden, Norwegian Split Toe ankle boots (I didn't count, but probably around 8 or 9 eyelets) in No. 8 shell with the combination crepe sole (with leather tip) on the Barrie last in size 8E. I think they also have a storm welt though I don't remember. These are unique and are the only pair left over from a small special order run some years ago. They would be perfect cold weather boots and I would get them in a second if they fit me. I have admired them every time I go in the shop but as they have been making me envious I though I might as well help Moulded get rid of them.

Their number and address is on the website. I don't know how much they cost or whether Moulded Shoe will ship or accept returns. Stop in, or call and ask for Ronnie as he will know exactly which boots I am talking about, though I suppose so will anyone else who answers the phone.

Imagine this No. 8 shell boot:
AF53-view05.jpg

with the crepe sole and the apron and toe stitching of this shoe:
965.jpg

and you will have the idea.

Addendum: jcusey pointed out this boot sold by Lakota in Japan, which is very similar if not identical to the one I am talking about. It is not a great picture, but it definitely is the right type.

img-4540.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For fans of that hand stitched split toe apron, Alden SF has a new cordovan penny loafer with that seam which is not in any catalog I have ever seen. They said it was a special makeup.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads