• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cookie Management

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously, the use of cookies to link stacks of marketing research to personal information is exploding. The only site getting 'always allow' in FF for me right now is SF, but it's getting annoying to constantly type in Netflix, Amazon, Fb, etc passwords; then closing the browser completely so that the 'Allow for Session' cookies perish.

There must be a better way -- and there do seem to be a wide variety of cookie-management extensions out there, for FF, especially -- any recs?

I'd ideally like to have a whitelist (for SF), a blacklist, and an intermediate level where I can, say, navigate to Amazon, get a popup asking if I want to allow Amazon's cookie, do my shopping, then clck a button on the toolbar to disable it, but not delete it, so if I go back to Amazon I can just enable it again without logging in.

Ideas?

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At first I was disappointed this thread was not about dessert, but now I'm also curious to know any suggestions. I've been doing the same thing you have with the allow for session cookies, and not being totally satisfied by it.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Switch to to Google Chrome and use Incognito mode. All cookies are deleted when you close the browser window.

This will not prevent sites from storing your history and usage patterns on their servers though. Most of the time they will only keep a single session cookie on your browser, and the rest of the data will be stored on their servers.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.