• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Convince me to reopen Facebook?

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Since December 2010 I have deactivated my Facebook account as I realised my lessons this year were not a joke. I had quite a active account with alot of friends from all over the place linked to my page. Question is now i'm done with the studies and my stunt of deactivating Facebook has proved right as it stopped me from loosing concentration. However, now i'm on my summer holidays and have alot of time on my hands. Should I reopen the bloody thing or say good riddance especially after all this face recognition application which is apparently causing quite a stir on Facebook?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I would reactivate it but I would not get attached. I assume that you already spend enough time on SF and I am sure that you can find more productive activities to invest your time in. I too have found that I have wasted my time, I am still in undergrad, on the facestalk. I am trying to detach myself to the point where I log on 4 times a month max and even that I feel is too much. Use it to "keep in touch" I would say, but for my friends I always find time to make a phone call.

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Hrm. I'm facing the exact opposite dilemma. I'm about to delete mine

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My facebook account will be history as soon as I get my G+ account.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
Personally I would reactivate it but I would not get attached. I assume that you already spend enough time on SF and I am sure that you can find more productive activities to invest your time in. I too have found that I have wasted my time, I am still in undergrad, on the facestalk. I am trying to detach myself to the point where I log on 4 times a month max and even that I feel is too much. Use it to "keep in touch" I would say, but for my friends I always find time to make a phone call.

That´s my only intention, to only be in contact with friends. Right now it seems it´s the only way to keep in contact with the majority of people in my social circle (twitter is not enough).

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cross22
My facebook account will be history as soon as I get my G+ account.

Ye I heard about this, i´m quite interested in fact! But I hope it won´t be another Google-flop!

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you miss playing Farmville?

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
Do you miss playing Farmville?

I never once played any of those sad games on Facebook, only the odd poker or blackjack
biggrin.gif
so no I don´t actually.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Most people find this weird, but I've never had a facebook account, never wanted one. Sure all my friends are on there, but damn at the drama they have; We are all almost 30, some being 25ish, I want less drama in my life so I have zero need for facebook. I may miss events/happenings, but if people really want me there, they have my #. Weeds out a lot of things, trust me.

So I say kick that pig to the curb.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unbreakable
Most people find this weird, but I've never had a facebook account, never wanted one. Sure all my friends are on there, but damn at the drama they have; We are all almost 30, some being 25ish, I want less drama in my life so I have zero need for facebook. I may miss events/happenings, but if people really want me there, they have my #. Weeds out a lot of things, trust me.

So I say kick that pig to the curb.

It´s good that you never, once you join it still haunts you as you can see. You cannot truly let it go
laugh.gif

dacia1300

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TourbillonTurk.
Ye I heard about this, i´m quite interested in fact! But I hope it won´t be another Google-flop!

it probably will flop and when it does you can go back to myspace. jt is bringing sexy back there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads