• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn
Picked up the flight jackets in olive. Really liking them a lot. Wore em all weekend. Did a small write up as well. http://thetribunaltoday.com/blog/?p=768

4851752234_de77ee524b.jpg

I went to the undefeated website and didn't see these in the e-store... are they B&M only? How much do they run? Just curious... i dig those they may be worth a trip to LA :p

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear low top chucks or JP's with jeans all the time.

JP/JV are way more comfortable than regular chucks, it makes a huge difference once you wear and walk in them for longer periods of time.

I personally like the hi-tops better than the lows, the grey version is pretty nice.
1180928-p-DETAILED.jpg

If I am going for lows, I'd get this Pro Leather in white and navy.
1180923-p-2x.jpg

splattered

Reaction score
Sick thanks... and in olive like i wanted
smile.gif

Crap they don't do half sizes though... if i usually wear 7.5 in cons what would you suggest with these

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
filling up a bigger shoe is better than squeezing in a smaller shoe IMO

u can just wear buy a new insole which will make the bigger shoe fit better + make it more comfortable

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered

Do you guys wear low chucks w jeans at all or just shorts? I usually see people with lows wear shorts... i know prob a weird question :p

I recently picked up the black/red leather Varvatos I was jonesing-for up the thread apiece. You can definitely wear them with jeans, that's practically what they were made for, imo... Besides, with Chucks, I find people will be wearing them with jeans and half the time you can't tell if they are either hi or lo tops anyway.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiddleClassDude
I recently picked up the black/red leather Varvatos I was jonesing-for up the thread apiece. You can definitely wear them with jeans, that's practically what they were made for, imo... Besides, with Chucks, I find people will be wearing them with jeans and half the time you can't tell if they are either hi or lo tops anyway.

Yeeeah i actually really like the grey/red leather varvatos after sitting and spending some time with the hi's and lows and i've decided to keep em, and then i also saw those black and red online and 'bout crapped myself. SO awesome. Will most likely pick up a pair soon... Wtf are they the most expensive pair though? 150? Sheesh I kinda like the black/brown too and they would be totally diff than the grey/gred.. but man i want the black/red anyway.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Yeeeah i actually really like the grey/red leather varvatos after sitting and spending some time with the hi's and lows and i've decided to keep em, and then i also saw those black and red online and 'bout crapped myself. SO awesome. Will most likely pick up a pair soon... Wtf are they the most expensive pair though? 150? Sheesh I kinda like the black/brown too and they would be totally diff than the grey/gred.. but man i want the black/red anyway.

I thought 150 was too steep as well. Then someone pointed out Nordstroms had them on sale. 108 out the door, a somewhat better deal. I don't generally spend this much on one pair of shoes but these are pretty nice.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiddleClassDude
I thought 150 was too steep as well. Then someone pointed out Nordstroms had them on sale. 108 out the door, a somewhat better deal. I don't generally spend this much on one pair of shoes but these are pretty nice.

Sale? Not currently right?

Converse.com has em for $75 right now, but of course not in my size
ffffuuuu.gif

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Sale? Not currently right? Converse.com has em for $75 right now, but of course not in my size
ffffuuuu.gif

Those motherfuckers. I'm all braggin' and ****... edit: well the don't have my size either, heh, so maybe I am still OK. This is what I want, which I didn't know just apparently dropped: http://www.converse.com/#/products/Shoes/JackPurcell/117033 But I want them in black. I hope they expand that model with a couple more colors. Maybe even navy would be good.

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
Ahh man... I gotta have those Maroon JPs. Only released in Asia so far huh?

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Interesting... not sure how I feel... I do know that I don't need any more lo-Purcells and I don't need any more leather in general.

splattered

Reaction score
Pretty slick... i dig the maroon. I may have to pick em up, don't have any purcel's yet
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads