Converse Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CorporateFresh, Jan 21, 2010.

1. splattered

splattered Senior member

Picked up the flight jackets in olive. Really liking them a lot. Wore em all weekend. Did a small write up as well. http://thetribunaltoday.com/blog/?p=768

[​IMG]

I went to the undefeated website and didn't see these in the e-store... are they B&M only? How much do they run? Just curious... i dig those they may be worth a trip to LA :p

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I wear low top chucks or JP's with jeans all the time.

JP/JV are way more comfortable than regular chucks, it makes a huge difference once you wear and walk in them for longer periods of time.

I personally like the hi-tops better than the lows, the grey version is pretty nice.
    [​IMG]

If I am going for lows, I'd get this Pro Leather in white and navy.
    [​IMG]

3. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

I went to the undefeated website and didn't see these in the e-store... are they B&M only? How much do they run? Just curious... i dig those they may be worth a trip to LA :p
    those are dirt cheap u can find them at a lot of places for under 50 here ya go 45.00 http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Sho...ops-160620.jsp

4. splattered

splattered Senior member

Sick thanks... and in olive like i wanted [​IMG]

Crap they don't do half sizes though... if i usually wear 7.5 in cons what would you suggest with these

5. snuff_daddy

filling up a bigger shoe is better than squeezing in a smaller shoe IMO

u can just wear buy a new insole which will make the bigger shoe fit better + make it more comfortable

6. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

Do you guys wear low chucks w jeans at all or just shorts? I usually see people with lows wear shorts... i know prob a weird question :p

I recently picked up the black/red leather Varvatos I was jonesing-for up the thread apiece. You can definitely wear them with jeans, that's practically what they were made for, imo... Besides, with Chucks, I find people will be wearing them with jeans and half the time you can't tell if they are either hi or lo tops anyway.

7. splattered

splattered Senior member

I recently picked up the black/red leather Varvatos I was jonesing-for up the thread apiece. You can definitely wear them with jeans, that's practically what they were made for, imo... Besides, with Chucks, I find people will be wearing them with jeans and half the time you can't tell if they are either hi or lo tops anyway.

Yeeeah i actually really like the grey/red leather varvatos after sitting and spending some time with the hi's and lows and i've decided to keep em, and then i also saw those black and red online and 'bout crapped myself. SO awesome. Will most likely pick up a pair soon... Wtf are they the most expensive pair though? 150? Sheesh I kinda like the black/brown too and they would be totally diff than the grey/gred.. but man i want the black/red anyway.

8. WorkingClassDude

Yeeeah i actually really like the grey/red leather varvatos after sitting and spending some time with the hi's and lows and i've decided to keep em, and then i also saw those black and red online and 'bout crapped myself. SO awesome. Will most likely pick up a pair soon... Wtf are they the most expensive pair though? 150? Sheesh I kinda like the black/brown too and they would be totally diff than the grey/gred.. but man i want the black/red anyway.

I thought 150 was too steep as well. Then someone pointed out Nordstroms had them on sale. 108 out the door, a somewhat better deal. I don't generally spend this much on one pair of shoes but these are pretty nice.

9. splattered

splattered Senior member

I thought 150 was too steep as well. Then someone pointed out Nordstroms had them on sale. 108 out the door, a somewhat better deal. I don't generally spend this much on one pair of shoes but these are pretty nice.

Sale? Not currently right?

Converse.com has em for $75 right now, but of course not in my size [​IMG]

10. WorkingClassDude

Sale? Not currently right? Converse.com has em for $75 right now, but of course not in my size [​IMG]
    Those motherfuckers. I'm all braggin' and shit... edit: well the don't have my size either, heh, so maybe I am still OK. This is what I want, which I didn't know just apparently dropped: http://www.converse.com/#/products/Shoes/JackPurcell/117033 But I want them in black. I hope they expand that model with a couple more colors. Maybe even navy would be good.

11. jiggadomino

jiggadomino New Member

12. snuff_daddy

13. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Ahh man... I gotta have those Maroon JPs. Only released in Asia so far huh?

14. WorkingClassDude

Interesting... not sure how I feel... I do know that I don't need any more lo-Purcells and I don't need any more leather in general.

15. splattered

splattered Senior member

Pretty slick... i dig the maroon. I may have to pick em up, don't have any purcel's yet [​IMG]