Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Converse Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CorporateFresh, Jan 21, 2010.

1. splattered

splattered Senior member

Picked up the flight jackets in olive. Really liking them a lot. Wore em all weekend. Did a small write up as well. http://thetribunaltoday.com/blog/?p=768

[​IMG]

I went to the undefeated website and didn't see these in the e-store... are they B&M only? How much do they run? Just curious... i dig those they may be worth a trip to LA :p

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I wear low top chucks or JP's with jeans all the time.

JP/JV are way more comfortable than regular chucks, it makes a huge difference once you wear and walk in them for longer periods of time.

I personally like the hi-tops better than the lows, the grey version is pretty nice.
    [​IMG]

If I am going for lows, I'd get this Pro Leather in white and navy.
    [​IMG]

3. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

I went to the undefeated website and didn't see these in the e-store... are they B&M only? How much do they run? Just curious... i dig those they may be worth a trip to LA :p
    those are dirt cheap u can find them at a lot of places for under 50 here ya go 45.00 http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Sho...ops-160620.jsp

4. splattered

splattered Senior member

Sick thanks... and in olive like i wanted [​IMG]

Crap they don't do half sizes though... if i usually wear 7.5 in cons what would you suggest with these

5. snuff_daddy

filling up a bigger shoe is better than squeezing in a smaller shoe IMO

u can just wear buy a new insole which will make the bigger shoe fit better + make it more comfortable

6. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

Do you guys wear low chucks w jeans at all or just shorts? I usually see people with lows wear shorts... i know prob a weird question :p

I recently picked up the black/red leather Varvatos I was jonesing-for up the thread apiece. You can definitely wear them with jeans, that's practically what they were made for, imo... Besides, with Chucks, I find people will be wearing them with jeans and half the time you can't tell if they are either hi or lo tops anyway.

7. splattered

splattered Senior member

I recently picked up the black/red leather Varvatos I was jonesing-for up the thread apiece. You can definitely wear them with jeans, that's practically what they were made for, imo... Besides, with Chucks, I find people will be wearing them with jeans and half the time you can't tell if they are either hi or lo tops anyway.

Yeeeah i actually really like the grey/red leather varvatos after sitting and spending some time with the hi's and lows and i've decided to keep em, and then i also saw those black and red online and 'bout crapped myself. SO awesome. Will most likely pick up a pair soon... Wtf are they the most expensive pair though? 150? Sheesh I kinda like the black/brown too and they would be totally diff than the grey/gred.. but man i want the black/red anyway.

8. WorkingClassDude

Yeeeah i actually really like the grey/red leather varvatos after sitting and spending some time with the hi's and lows and i've decided to keep em, and then i also saw those black and red online and 'bout crapped myself. SO awesome. Will most likely pick up a pair soon... Wtf are they the most expensive pair though? 150? Sheesh I kinda like the black/brown too and they would be totally diff than the grey/gred.. but man i want the black/red anyway.

I thought 150 was too steep as well. Then someone pointed out Nordstroms had them on sale. 108 out the door, a somewhat better deal. I don't generally spend this much on one pair of shoes but these are pretty nice.

9. splattered

splattered Senior member

I thought 150 was too steep as well. Then someone pointed out Nordstroms had them on sale. 108 out the door, a somewhat better deal. I don't generally spend this much on one pair of shoes but these are pretty nice.

Sale? Not currently right?

Converse.com has em for $75 right now, but of course not in my size [​IMG]

10. WorkingClassDude

Sale? Not currently right? Converse.com has em for $75 right now, but of course not in my size [​IMG]
    Those motherfuckers. I'm all braggin' and shit... edit: well the don't have my size either, heh, so maybe I am still OK. This is what I want, which I didn't know just apparently dropped: http://www.converse.com/#/products/Shoes/JackPurcell/117033 But I want them in black. I hope they expand that model with a couple more colors. Maybe even navy would be good.

11. jiggadomino

jiggadomino New Member

12. snuff_daddy

13. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Ahh man... I gotta have those Maroon JPs. Only released in Asia so far huh?

14. WorkingClassDude

Interesting... not sure how I feel... I do know that I don't need any more lo-Purcells and I don't need any more leather in general.

15. splattered

splattered Senior member

Pretty slick... i dig the maroon. I may have to pick em up, don't have any purcel's yet [​IMG]