• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Any updates on these?

I'm waiting on the Fall collection myself. I asked at the top of the page but no one seems to know when it hits.

sebastianm

Reaction score
I recently looked through all of my old sneakers that i dont wear anymore and found my Bodega for Converse jack purcells. I totally forgot that i had these but im pretty sure they will get some wear when it starts getting colder.

bodega-x-converse-jack-purcell-111607-1.jpg

splattered

Reaction score
How are the chuck taylor leather vs canvas? Are they any more comfortable or durable? What's the sizing like between the two? I wear a 7.5 in the canvas (Converse suggests an 8 but they seem a tad too big)

Considering getting the leather ones... trying to decide between the hi tops and low tops

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
I'm personally waiting to see the Jack Purcell hi-tops we are supposed to be getting in the fall collection. My attempts at getting those sick japanese side-gore Purcells failed, so I'll have to settle for what actually is (or will be) part of my economy. I hope the ones they showed in white will be available in black.

porschemad911

Reaction score
Yeah, great casual shoes. Got navy, black & red lows ... really want some hi-tops, and I saw white leathers for half price the other day. So tempted!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chuck Taylor Clean-Crafted Oxfords
0414941320323R_300x400.jpg
0414941320323R_CBLACK_300x400.jpg

John Varvatos Star Player Mid-Top
0414974011014R_300x400.jpg
0414974010819R_300x400.jpg

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
Loving the brown clean-cut oxfords... $100 yeesh. I really do like them though.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
I never realized things could do 'unreleased' in the shoe industry. You'd think if they had the tooling set up, why not go to production? I guess maybe they thought they wouldn't sell well... but then why let some get out anyway?

Oh well, those aren't really my style anyway so it doesn't bother me, but sometimes stuff like this is still interesting to know.

splattered

Reaction score
I'm checkin out some JV Converse to see if theyre any more comfortable than standard chucks... and they are. Not by a large margin, but they definitely are. I ordered a few diff pairs on zappos and am considering keeping one/some. Can't make up my mind which ones...

I like the JV Star Players... but the low and mid tops are different from each other in that the mid tops don't have the black ring around the shoes on top whereas the low does. Wtf?

http://www.zappos.com/product/7659331/color/6933 - Low

VS

http://www.zappos.com/product/7659314/color/39400 - Mid

In chucks if i do wear them i usually wear the hi tops because i like the way they help dry denim fall, esp when its more stiff... but i dont like that they don't have that ring around the top. I didnt think it would even really matter until i put both pairs on my feet to compare. (OCD? ha)

On the flip side i do like the color combo of the low tops ... charcoal w red detailing and red waxed laces.

Do you guys wear low chucks w jeans at all or just shorts? I usually see people with lows wear shorts... i know prob a weird question :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics