Converse Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CorporateFresh, Jan 21, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

i like these one star mids
    [​IMG]

This one looks interesting but it's the One Star line? So does that mean it is available at Target?

2. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

These aren't Converse but a knockoff... http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Levis-Mens-Bolivar-Leather-Hi-top-Sneakers/4719249/product.html I stumbled upon them on Overstock.com lastnight. I never knew Levi's made shoes, but they are imported anyway so I don't think they are *really* Levi's =). I thought they were interesting and cheap enough to gamble. At first I was like 'maybe I'll order 'em in a week' but when I added them to my cart it said there were only 2 pair of my size (9.5's; the other pair has since gone) so I went for the gamble. It looks to be a slightly more 'rugged' twist on the usual Chucks, for less to my door than canvas Chucks. Plus the reviews don't seem too bad. We'll see.

3. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

He did a similar pair when converse had their 100th anniversery. Retail was mindblowing, 1800$ immsmc.

[​IMG]

I've always wanted a pair of of these.

4. richardwallace

richardwallace Well-Known Member

i think these were only sold in europe (they were on the converse.nl and converse.de websites) - i found them on ebay [​IMG]

5. WorkingClassDude

Is that just a grosgrain in French flag pattern? That looks like a kind of pattern they'd put in the main catalogue only to have them never sell a pair.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Sak X Converse, pretty nice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. sebastianm

sebastianm Well-Known Member

^^ I would love to own the black pair but with only 64 pairs made thats most likely not gonna happen...

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

I don't like the star on the side of the black pair. Makes me think of the Target Coverse. And I don't like the color of the second pair.

9. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

[​IMG]

Now those are nice.

10. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

I don't believe most Jack Purcells are very comfortable. I actually use a gel insole for the 15 pairs from my collection that are not John Varvatos editions. The JVs are very comfortable! I just wish the price point was lower.
    I've never worn non JV JPs, but I love my JV JPs. And ebay is your friend for JV JPs. One seller, mailguy something or other, I've bought probably a half-dozen pairs from him and haven't been disappointed yet. I'm wearing the black & gray houndstooth JV JPs today. [​IMG]

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

My JPs are very comfortable.

12. WorkingClassDude

I find Purcells to be plenty comfortable, especially over regular Chucks. I only have one pair of Varvatos Converse, black slip on Chucks. They fit fine and are comfortable (pretty much have the same cushy insoles as all JP's), but they didn't feel 'secure' and I actually ended up adding laces to them (the design actually allows for this, interestingly).

Yet I also feel comfortable in regular, flat footed Chucks. I never get foot pain (minor fatigue after a whole day of wearing, maybe, but never pain that sticks around or bothers me day to day) in any shoes I own.

I'm very very on the edge of buying a new pair of custom Converse. They are the running/court Player Ox lows... They offer 17 options of customization (most offer like 10-12 options) and even though I know I definitely don't need them, I can't stop picturing these things in my head. I really like Converse Charcoal grey color, but I don't want to buy any of the ones they have in their normal line.

13. modernrenman

modernrenman Member

14. WorkingClassDude

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Anyone seen these? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sadly, a 120-pair limited edition that's likely long-gone. Lovely sneaks.
    http://www.zappos.com/product/7620340/color/144 Been having a raging boner for these for about a week now. Too pricey IMO... will wait/pray for eventual sale price.
    Yeah, those are hot, especially with the embedded logo. Would kop.