• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

CorporateFresh

Reaction score
About time don't you think? How many of us have and continue to wear the old 'C'. This could easily be a Chuck Taylor thread but to be fully transparent I'm a Jack Purcell enthusiast. I have about 10 pair in my active rotation and will post from time to time if this thread picks up steam.

Contribute your best Cons Appreciation, by all means. No need for that soft stuff.

Cheers!
fight[1].gif

gastarbeider

Reaction score
if your first pair of converse was in 2003, or after, then this is a nike appreciation thread.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
800px-Largest_collection_of_Converse_All-Stars.JPG

CorporateFresh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gastarbeider
if your first pair of converse was in 2003, or after, then this is a nike appreciation thread.
I think most people are fully aware that Converse is a subsidiary of Nike. That is not the point of the thread. However I want these NOW. Japan proxy?

CONVERSE%20(2)-thumb-680x452-5477-thumb-680x452-5478.jpg

Converse Japan Jack Purcells
Source: http://www.warpweb.jp/pc/warpcrew/ne...12/post_9.html

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This thread = fail. This has been done already only better

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Converse sucks , they are boring plus not that functional for any activity; not even walking.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunelly
clownshoes

For sneakers I wear only Chucks lows or JPs. I love how boring and nonfunctional they are.

Word. Now get thee to the destroyed shoe thread.

Snaggles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Composer_1777
Converse sucks , they are boring plus not that functional for any activity; not even walking.

I think they are extremely functional because they are so expendable. I find them very comfortable, personally. I don't see comfort as cushion or softness though, I see it more as structure and security, the shoes just fit me right and I can run around in them and get them dirty and just throw them in the wash- that's comfort to me. Anyway, I have 3 pairs of chucks and a pair of JPs, I've been accumulating them since 9th grade.

everybodynobody

Reaction score
As long as there's an official thread for Converse now, I guess this would be the appropriate place to ask. Where can you buy replacement insoles for the newer Jack Purcells with removable insoles? I know I could buy some Dr. Scholls or something, but I want the stock insoles they come with.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by everybodynobody
As long as there's an official thread for Converse now, I guess this would be the appropriate place to ask. Where can you buy replacement insoles for the newer Jack Purcells with removable insoles? I know I could buy some Dr. Scholls or something, but I want the stock insoles they come with.

Did you lose yours?

Smahatma

Reaction score
I overheard someone on the NYC subway last weekend say to his friend something along the lines of "Why would you buy those when you can buy Converse for much less? They're the same thing", in reference to the Common Projects Achilles low's I was wearing. I didn't say anything, because I don't associate with poor people. And before anyone mentions the irony of me taking the subway, I put $5000 down on my metrocard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads