• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Contrast Collar Shirts Worn With Sports Jackets

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you discover the plastic that is covered with thin leather you might think about those shoes again...
They are also notorious for incredible creasing after the first 2 or 3 wearings.
The leather is really covered with whatever has been sprayed onto it...in a shoe forum some members have written that their LLyods' sole cracked after one year of use.
For somebody who is interested in the quality of shoes Lloyds will look and feel cheap at least when he holds them in hands.
I guess you never saw them in reality^^.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faded501s
I also like both of those shoes

eek.gif

2288200.jpg

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Hey...there's nothing wrong with the bicycle toe (OK, it's black and maybe a little 2003
blush.gif
)

Cravate, One thing I've learned from this forum is to stay away from cheap shoes (and suits). Pre-SF I can't believe the crap I wore. Now I'm into the smaller boutique type shoes that can be had on ebay for about $100 or so. It takes some time and research but you can get some really nice stuff very reasonably.

A couple of days ago I decided to "antique" a pair of David & Joans that I have and to make a long story short, left the polish on a little too long and am in the process of stripping them down to the bare leather (with alcohol). Man, it is just beautiful leather. I think they are going to be the best looking shoes I have...just stripped naked with some conditioner and clear polish. They really are starting to look nice!

So I'd definitely say to go with the good stuff. Nothing worse than cheap-ass shoes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads