• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Continuum - New Sci-Fi show on Canadian TV

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone watching this? So far its been pretty damn good. Mixing sci-fi future tech with social commentary and time traveling. Sounds like a bit of a mess but they're making it work pretty well so far. If you're in the mood for good tv with a nerdy side I highly recommend it.

Duff_Man

Reaction score
Ugh. It's a little too much Canadian cheese for me, too similar in tone to Rookie Blue and that ETF show. Lead is super hot, though.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it airing in the states on any network like Flashpoint did or do we have to pirate it to view?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Ugh. It's a little too much Canadian cheese for me, too similar in tone to Rookie Blue and that ETF show. Lead is super hot, though.

Well, I mean it is set in Vancouver. What did you expect? A bunch of people with NY accents?

Is it airing in the states on any network like Flashpoint did or do we have to pirate it to view?

I have no idea. I'm a pirater.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the rec. I'll have to check it out.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Flashpoint is awesome. **** the haters. Pink ranger + Veronica Mars' dad. Come on.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thanks for the rec. I'll have to check it out.

I think you'll like it. The show's a slow burn though so you have to give it time. Its up to Ep #6 now.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think you'll like it. The show's a slow burn though so you have to give it time. Its up to Ep #6 now.

I'm ok with a slow burn as long as it pays off in the end.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pink Ranger, seriously? I'm all over this! :slayer: I'll have to download this and check it out.

It started out good but I got bored with it after too many really lame moments. It's about a canadian swat team, although you can't really notice much about the fact it's canadian minus they refer to the cops as constables.

Pink ranger isn't believable as a swat team member at all, but I'd still smash.

It's on netfrix instant: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Flashpoint/70155595?trkid=2361637

Last edited:

Duff_Man

Reaction score

Well, I mean it is set in Vancouver. What did you expect? A bunch of people with NY accents?

No, what I mean is that all these Canadian cop dramas (and now that I'm thinking, 'the Border' and to a lesser extent, 'Intelligence' suffered from this as well) suffer from this half-hearted attempt to distill 'realism' but deliberately trying to avoid grittiness that leaves it really stylistically unsatisfying to me. Everything is too clean, guns fire too many shots often on full auto, ludicrous action hero things happen, but it's meant to be a serious show. Now Continuum is sci-fi, so there's a bit less of that, but it seems to me like they're still very much trying to channel at least an aspect of 'realism' when they should just embrace either the camp of Andromeda or go full blown Battlestar Galactica (the remake).
These shows, as they are, lack character.

Last edited:

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Showcase Canada has the videos on their website but I'm not sure if people outside of Canada are IP blocked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads