• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Context's APC measuring guide

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check it out. That's the **** I like to see, complete with thigh measurements for the bigger guys who constantly second guess the way a thigh measures. Other jean stores should take note of this, with the exception of BiG. And if only ebay sellers would follow suit, the world would be a much more determinable place.

But I'm curious how the thigh on a 34 rescue could be bigger than on the 35 and 36.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mm weird
my 29s measured out to be 30 across new and the leg opening is defintely around 7" not 7.75"

smw356

Reaction score
My stretched out size 34 Ns's measure smaller in the waist than the measurements they have there for the 34, so take them with a grain of salt.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Context may have made the measurements off of just one sample of each size, rather than on several of each size. The single sampling doesn't take into account variations between samples in each size, so the thigh in one 32W may be, and is most likely, different than the thigh in another 32W. Also, the method you use to measure may be different than theirs. I've found that if I take a measurement with the tape on top of the waist I often get a different measurement than if I did it along the edge.

Now, the variation between samples in each size may be smaller depending on where it was made and the commitment to quality that each brand has. APC is notorious for being all over the place, as is Engineered Garments. Made in Japan items from companies that are acutally Japanese owned I tend to think have smaller variations (based on Japan's commitment to quality in general in other industries), but then there are always exceptions.

That's the end of the lecture.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Check it out. That's the **** I like to see, complete with thigh measurements for the bigger guys who constantly second guess the way a thigh measures. Other jean stores should take note of this, with the exception of BiG. And if only ebay sellers would follow suit, the world would be a much more determinable place.

But I'm curious how the thigh on a 34 rescue could be bigger than on the 35 and 36.

Wrong man, wrong. BIG is completely off on some ****. Not that there store is not dope or anything, but those measurement charts didn't do **** for me.

It's still better to just try it on. Find it somehow or order two sizes. Don't rely on measurements because it ranges how careful people are in measuring.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am beyond manic about how accurate our measurements are at Self Edge. I actually go to the extent of remeasuring every size and updating size charts WITH EVERY SHIPMENT we receive for every brand we carry.
If there's ever an error we do our best to correct it as fast as we can, and we know how difficult it is ordering clothing online, so we do our best to make that process one step closer to simple.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Wrong man, wrong. BIG is completely off on some ****. Not that there store is not dope or anything, but those measurement charts didn't do **** for me.

It's still better to just try it on. Find it somehow or order two sizes. Don't rely on measurements because it ranges how careful people are in measuring.

That could be true. I've only previewed BiG's site but never bought anything from them. And for the cost of their jeans I won't buy anything sight unseen.

Still though, the concept of their sizing chart gives me some idea of what to expect so that when I go into their store when I have a trip to NYC I'll be able to say, "Give me the Sammis 5000X and Sugar Cane Okinawas to try on" instead of "Let me try everything".

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I am beyond manic about how accurate our measurements are at Self Edge. I actually go to the extent of remeasuring every size and updating size charts WITH EVERY SHIPMENT we receive for every brand we carry.
If there's ever an error we do our best to correct it as fast as we can, and we know how difficult it is ordering clothing online, so we do our best to make that process one step closer to simple.

It shows; your sizing charts for jeans are extremely useful and confidence-inspiring.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you have time for yo-yo?

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
That could be true. I've only previewed BiG's site but never bought anything from them. And for the cost of their jeans I won't buy anything sight unseen.

Still though, the concept of their sizing chart gives me some idea of what to expect so that when I go into their store when I have a trip to NYC I'll be able to say, "Give me the Sammis 5000X and Sugar Cane Okinawas to try on" instead of "Let me try everything".

Very true... to give you an idea... the size 32 samurais from two lots ago, not the ones that were true to size, measured about 33 inches in the waist. That's an inch less than the posted measurement. That's pretty serious.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I yoyo in my sleep. I'm serious. Then when i wake up i do all the tricks and combos i imagined during the night.
lol nice... you never answered my question ages ago... Babzani... iranian last name?

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool... kabob-e-kubideh. Amazing. Joojeh? Forget it...

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think we can all agree APC's sizing scheme is nutty. I'm a 32 waist and my size 33 original standards are the most perfect fitting jean i've ever put on in my life. i barely need a belt to keep them up even after 5 months of wear (granted, not that frequent wear until recently). Slightly slouchy, but the legs fit perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads