1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Contacting a girl for the first time

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Jr Mouse, Dec 11, 2010.

1. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

General rule of thumb: Girls like it when guys don't play the same games they do. Don't overthink it.

this^ being spontaneous is alot more fun than thinking. I'm not condoning being outright crazy but a little excitements is always a good thing.

2. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

when i meet a girl at a bar, Ill flirt a bit..then get her number. after that, ill go to the end of the bar, text her "lets go see whats in the bathroom....i bet its my dick"

2 days later, theres no need to call or text. Im getting old...i dont have time to wait around, take her out, buy drinks, a movie, dinner, then another date..blah blah....THEN hit it. sheesh.

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

If I don't close the deal by the first date (which is rare), I delete her number immediately.

4. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

2 days later, theres no need to call or text. Im getting old...i dont have time to wait around, take her out, buy drinks, a movie, dinner, then another date..blah blah....THEN hit it. sheesh.

+100. That stuff gets old fast.

5. sonick

sonick Senior member

So I was hanging out with a friend of a friend yesterday, at the end of the night I asked her to go out for coffee sometime, which she was good with.

However, I am leaving for a vacation in a week, for a week, and will have no time between now and then to meet with her or to see her.

I really have no reason to contact her prior to coming back from my trip and actually asking her out. Plus we had hung out in a group a few times already prior to me asking her and have already kinda asked the basic questions and stuff.

What's my play here?

6. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Why wouldn't you phone her this week just to say you're going to be gone for awhile, but that you want to go get a cup of joe when you return?

7. sonick

sonick Senior member

Why wouldn't you phone her this week just to say you're going to be gone for awhile, but that you want to go get a cup of joe when you return?

She already knows, mentioned it when I asked her in the first place... Just thinking if it's a good idea to basically have no contact with her until I get back in 2.5 weeks.

8. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

She already knows, mentioned it when I asked her in the first place... Just thinking if it's a good idea to basically have no contact with her until I get back in 2.5 weeks.
    I wouldn't bother going out of my way. I mean, if something comes up organically then I suppose it won't hurt to exchange in some light, desultory conversation, but if not, I say keep it alpha and wait to make contact until you get back.

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

If it were me, I would text her (I'm 22 and I don't care what you old farts say, but everyone texts these days) and say, "listen, I'm going on vacation and won't be available for the next two weeks, but when I get back i'll give you a call to set something up. sound good?!"

10. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

Phone her and ask if she wants you to pick anything up for her in (wherever you are going).

11. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

[​IMG] I actually tried to find a youtube clip of them talking about those rules from the film to post here, but couldn't find one. Of course, if I remember correctly the film makes the point at the end that you shouldn't really worry about the "rules."

Two's enough not to look anxious. But I think three days is kind of money.

12. changy

changy Senior member

If you call and she doesn't pick up do you
    1) Do nothing and call back later
    2) Leave voice mail and wait for her to call back
    3) Send text message