Constitution Day in Norway (Morning dress)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Audvin, May 18, 2017.

1. Audvin

Audvin New Member

This is my first post here so please bear with me. I've spent about a year and a half researching, buying and a few trips to different tailors for alterations.

In honor of yesterday being Norway's national day I'd like to share my 1930s Morning dress with you all.
    1932 dated Moss Bros trousers
    1936 dated Ranken DB waistcoat
    1933 dated Morning cutaway coat

The morning coat with piping was sewn for Sir Edward William Brooksbank, and by the date I presume it was for his Eton Collage graduation.

I'm also wearing a 1909 silk top hat made in Denmark. I've had it conformed and polished at Lock&Co.

In the waistcoat I have a M1908 Waltham pocket watch from 1939 with what I call a Single double Albert chain.

The umbrella was an emergency purchase as there was rain in the forecast. Luckily I had no use for it. The DB 3/4 overcoat is not vintage, but I feel it works well with the overall look and feel of the outfit.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out. It does not feel like a costume and I think I've managed to keep it elegant without it looking like a joke. I appreciate any comments or feedback.

17mai2017_3.jpg 17mai2017_4.jpg m1908waltham.jpg

2. comrade

comrade Senior member

An American Watch, makes me proud.