• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Constantinos Theophanides: bespoke shoe maker in Thessalonike, Greece

TDP

Reaction score
Dear all,
I am writing to share my discovery of young bespoke shoe maker Constantinos Theophanides, who just opened his own shop in Thessalonike, Greece. He makes wonderful shoes"”at least, wonderful-looking, since I am no expert on the details of shoe construction, and welting, et cetera"”at varying degrees of personalisation, with entirely bespoke pairs starting at an obscene introductory rate of €250!

He may be reached at his shop at 15 Proxenou Koromila, Thessalonike, Greece during 12:00-21:00 on Monday-Friday, and 10:00-15:00 on Saturday;
at phone number +30-2314-016-423;
and personal e-mail address [email protected].

Pictures to follow!

Yours,
TDP

Stavros

Reaction score
That's great news! I visit Thessaloniki maybe once a month, will make sure to stop by and check this out. 250 euros for a pair of bespoke shoes is almost ridiculous...

meister

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of the best shoemakers in Australia doing bespoke are/were Greeks.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only Greek shoemaker I met was just off Syntagma square in Athens, 2006.

He measured me and used a standard last. I gave him specific directions of the wing tip monk design and the type of last. I paid the 200 euros up front since I was on a trip and leaving within days. I made arrangements with relatives to pick up the finished product and mail it to me. Huge disappointment.

Sadly I did not return to Athens for 3 years and thus not able to literally throw the poorly designed, poorly fitting shoe back at him. Megalos Malakas

Perhaps this new shoemaker in Thessaloniki can blog his work and post pics

meister

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Perhaps this new shoemaker in Thessaloniki can blog his work and post pics

Lipon.....

TDP

Reaction score
CT kindly provided the following photographs; the extra details of these orders bring their price up to €300-€320, CT adds.

joey 928

Reaction score
who is the maker of the 3 shoes in this thread,kind regards

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.