1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Considering this Dansu...what say you?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by binge, Jun 23, 2011.

1. binge

binge Senior member

On hold for me...have to pull the trigger by cob tomorrow.

Mizuya Dansu

Made of a mix of Hinoki (Cypress), Sugi (Cedar), and Keyaki (Zelkova) woods; from the Taisho period (1910's-1920's).

Poll ITT.

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

Yes. How about that place on California near Fillmore? They just received a new shipment.

lefty

3. binge

binge Senior member

Is it a Japanese import place? Do you remember the name?

There are a bunch of furniture/interior design places along Fillmore there and I don't remember off-hand which specific one to which you are referring.

I could probably leave work early tomorrow and visit it before making the decision on this one. This dansu is on hold for me and if I don't buy it by end of tomorrow it's up for grabs. It probably won't sell on Saturday if I don't snap it up, but I don't want to dick around for a long time.

4. lefty

lefty Senior member

http://www.kurayaantiques.com/ 2425 California Street. Also 2345 Harrison Street.

I believe the older stuff is on sale to make way for the newer - decent prices.

lefty

5. binge

binge Senior member

Cool. I'll make a stop there on the way home tomorrow.

6. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

It's very beautiful but my personal preference is for larger ones than that - of course your room size dictates your needs though.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

It looks OK, but I'm averse to any kind of furniture that is Asian in design.

Are there smaller compartments behind the panels?

8. binge

binge Senior member

...and the search continues. Its dimensions are just a bit too awkward for the space.