Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Considering some white/off white jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ClassicGarnish

ClassicGarnish Senior member

The ones I saw in store were bright white, possibly the lighting at your store was bad? Unfortunately they didn't have my size so I wasn't able to try any on

yeah, you could be right. I kinda prefer just a little off white, makes them a little more versatile and not as standout-ish. I guess I could run them through the wash with my dirty laundry. also, they fit true to size i thought.

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

will eventually get these hemmed.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Lovegasoline

Lovegasoline Active Member

Uniqlo sells white jeans in season. I bought a pair for $15 on sale last fall.

4. DGP

DGP Senior member

Just picked up RL Black Label jeans on sale from blue bee. They have a size 32 left, but from my limited research, these run a tad large.

[​IMG] http://www.bluebee.com/AuspientImagi...OSEUPS&clr=000

Too bad I didn't look at their site a little bit ago, those Earnest Sewns would have been perfect. As for a 32 in RL Black Label, any idea how they compare in the waist to Rag & Bone (current run, less vanity sized), or to their own slacks (in which I am a 32)?

5. ClassicGarnish

ClassicGarnish Senior member

really like those ndg. is that the classic fit in reverse?

6. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

really like those ndg. is that the classic fit in reverse?

yes, I actually just recently picked up the same pair and they are very nice, the only thing that pisses me off about the NDG classics is how high the back rise is! but I suppose they are meant to be worn sagged a bit, atleast that is how they look best imo.

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

yes, I actually just recently picked up the same pair and they are very nice, the only thing that pisses me off about the NDG classics is how high the back rise is! but I suppose they are meant to be worn sagged a bit, atleast that is how they look best imo.

I hate the size of the back pockets

8. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

I hate the size of the back pockets

The back pcket size actually isnt as noticeable the larger up in size you go... I am guessing you are around a 31 waist from the pics? (prob. wrong) but I noticed the pockets looked really big in the context pics as well. I take a 34 and they dont look that huge on me... I think they fit you well though, especially with a bit of hemming.

9. DGP

DGP Senior member

Well, I think I found just the right pair for what I need (pretending to be Eurotrash/Caribbean pimp wannabe a week at a time):
    http://www.agjeans.com/The_Teddyboy_...24/p/1339.html

However I just don't see paying retail on those (better than the Helmut Lang jeans on Revolve for more even with discount, but still overpriced). Anyone seen these on sale anywhere, or know of a coupon for agjeans.com? Long shot on this board, I know, but figured I'd better ask.

10. samurai

samurai Senior member

I tried on the Gap selvedge white's yesterday and liked them. Unfortunately they only had 31 - 32, which were a good fit, but after a wash or two would shrink up and be too short.
    Have to say I liked them.

11. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I would feel like a tool in white denim, or like I was about to paint someone's house for them.

12. samurai

samurai Senior member

Pair them up with a blue blazer, tan belt and shoes, white linen shirt... you take it from there...

13. mdeep1

mdeep1 Senior member

will eventually get these hemmed.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Are those the NDG? And what knife is that?

14. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Maybe this is obvious, but I'm not enough of a denim nerd to know the answer: what happens if you buy a pair of white jawnz and then overdye (or I guess just dye) them indigo? Sick fadez? Blue stains everywhere? A pair that just looks off?

15. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

I went with the Gap jeans. Very nice fit - not too tight & low-rise. Not unlike a 514 fit. I found that a 31 fir me best, though I wear a 30 in most Levis. The colour is just a little off-white: not cream but also not Miami Vice Pimp Daddy refrigerator white either.

I bet these will be on deep discount soon enough, but I needed mine now - so I can play James Bond while in Barbados! [​IMG]