Considering some white/off white jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I bought those and like them a lot. Nice cut, and the denim isn't too heavy which is great for spring/summer. Not bad for 100 dollars off its original price [​IMG]

Looking for these in a 28... anyone seen them floating around? I wanted to pick up a pair (note, the white denim, not the white cords...)
    Thanks

3. samurai

samurai Senior member

In L.A. white jeans are much easier to find in the warm weather - Spring and Summer. Macy's usually stocks white 501's around that time, then they disappear from the shelves until the following year.

Am going to check out Gap. Have intentionally avoided them for some time, but that white pair is super.

4. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

For online shoppers, Kohls is doing 99c shipping right now and has a full range of white 501 sizes available. I think I'm going to hold-out for some discounted RRL or 'till I can get to a Gap store to try their raw white's on .... or mug Robert and steal his white 514s! [​IMG]

5. otc

otc Senior member

I checked the north and clybourne gap in chicago and they didn't have any of the new selvage denim...especially the white

anyone know about the michigan store?

6. ClassicGarnish

ClassicGarnish Senior member

I actually tried on the gap whites - kind of an off white - today. they were ok, they did kind of want to flare below the knee so I would probably taper them if I do pick them up in the future. Fit was decent, slim enough for white denim. The rise was kinda low, but that's ok. I suspect they will eventually go on deep deep discount, especially here in the midwest where I don't think most guys will be too eager to pick them up.

7. djs488

djs488 Senior member

8. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

9. Robert

Robert Senior member

For online shoppers, Kohls is doing 99c shipping right now and has a full range of white 501 sizes available.

I think I'm going to hold-out for some discounted RRL or 'till I can get to a Gap store to try their raw white's on .... or mug Robert and steal his white 514s! [​IMG]

God love my wife for picking up those babies! They're nice. They seem to ride just a tad lower than my rigid 514s. Maybe this is something peculiar to white jeans? But anyway the fit still works.

Store has whites in 501s and 527s, too, from what she tells me.

10. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

God love my wife for picking up those babies! They're nice. They seem to ride just a tad lower than my rigid 514s. Maybe this is something peculiar to white jeans? But anyway the fit still works.

If she ever needs a 2nd job, she could moonlight at on-selling those elusive white 514s!

I came close to settling for 501s today (this time in 3 weeks, I'll be in Barbados!!!!!!), but the rise just puts me off too much.

There isn't a Levis store within cooee of me, but I located a Ralph Lauren outlet that isn't too far, so I'll try there next weekend to see what they have.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

IMO the RRL whites are kinda meh. the ones I've seen in person either have really garish contrast stitching or are a 'dirty' white.. that makes you look like you spend your time rolling in dirt and can't afford a washing machine

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

If she ever needs a 2nd job, she could moonlight at on-selling those elusive white 514s!

I came close to settling for 501s today (this time in 3 weeks, I'll be in Barbados!!!!!!), but the rise just puts me off too much.

There isn't a Levis store within cooee of me, but I located a Ralph Lauren outlet that isn't too far, so I'll try there next weekend to see what they have.

That's why I passed on the white 501s. Something about a high rise in white denim just looks off to me. Doesn't pass the Steve McQueen test.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I actually tried on the gap whites - kind of an off white - today. they were ok, they did kind of want to flare below the knee so I would probably taper them if I do pick them up in the future. Fit was decent, slim enough for white denim. The rise was kinda low, but that's ok. I suspect they will eventually go on deep deep discount, especially here in the midwest where I don't think most guys will be too eager to pick them up.
    The ones I saw in store were bright white, possibly the lighting at your store was bad? Unfortunately they didn't have my size so I wasn't able to try any on

14. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

Just picked up RL Black Label jeans on sale from blue bee. They have a size 32 left, but from my limited research, these run a tad large.

[​IMG] http://www.bluebee.com/AuspientImagi...OSEUPS&clr=000

good luck, you probably wont see these. BLue bee sucks when it comes to delivering their goods. It was most likely out of stock to begin with

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i got some white /off white pants and jeans on my sale threads