Considering a Suitsupply Blazer for the first time!

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Simone1, May 23, 2016.

1. Simone1

Simone1 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I know there's a suitsupply thread going on, but it seems to me that its mostly based on the NYC store.

I have seen a secondhand blazer (washington full linen), which I consider purchasing it. The price is 120 dollars, and retail would be roughly 300 dollars (when using europe prices).

So 37% of the original price, if this is an excellent condition as seller describes it, then it's a pretty good price, isnt it?

By the way: I don't have any full linen jackets, can I take them to a drycleaner and refreshen it a bit (like removing the bigger wrinkles etc)? :)

My kindest regards,

Simone

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I'm going to move this to the Menswear Advice forum....

I know the Suit Supply thread is titled "NYC", but it really is "the" Suit Supply thread...it's where everyone goes for SS stuff. You obviously don't have to post there, but just wanted to let you know. Sounds like a good price if it looks like the jacket fits. If you are worried about wrinkles, don't even bother with linen. Just learn to live it and enjoy them. Letting the jacket air out and hang for a few days in between wears will get rid of most wrinkles. Unnecessary dry cleaning with just break down and ruin that nice linen.

3. Simone1

Simone1 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for your time Murlsquirl!

I am not too worried about wrinkles, it's just that I have never had a linen jacket before, so I wanted to get some advice on taking care of it! I went ahead and purchased it. It is so beautiful! I will receive it sometime next week, but judging from photos, it is gonna be my favorite jacket.

The wide peak lapel and the ticket pocket.... Just perfect for my fashion forward taste :)

4. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member