Considering a pair of cufflinks?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Jun 10, 2005.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

2. solfnod

solfnod Member

3. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Foxx, I quite like them. They are elegant, versatile and timeless. For new links, especially from PS, the price isn't bad, either.

Solfnod, the t-bar links are very common these days, but why only have one side of the cufflink when you have two sides of a cuff? Like many others in these parts, I think the t-bar link simply seems inelegant. The price seems the same as the others that Foxx links, too.

4. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

Send me your address in a PM, and I will give you a pair of c. 1920 ones, gratis. Why buy new (for $79.50) when there are gorgeous antique pairs out there for $30? For $79.50, you can buy a vintage 10k pair, $100 or so for 14k.

5. Stu

Stu Senior member

(The_Foxx @ June 09 2005,22:34) not only are these double sided, as flusser recommends, they are very well priced (and engravable, if you choose). Â I have a pair like this from Asprey in silver (can't seem to pull off gold, myself). Â http://www.paulstuart.com/item_template.cfm?ItemId=1251
    Send me your address in a PM, and I will give you a pair of c. 1920 ones, gratis. Why buy new (for $79.50) when there are gorgeous antique pairs out there for $30? For $79.50, you can buy a vintage 10k pair, $100 or so for 14k.
    Or an 18k pair that is 100+ years old for $49, like I did [​IMG]

6. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

If you're giving them away I know this guy named gorgekko who loves cufflinks :) It was his birthday on Wednesday and I didn't get him anything.