1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Considering a pair of cufflinks?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Jun 10, 2005.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

2. solfnod

solfnod Member

3. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Foxx, I quite like them. They are elegant, versatile and timeless. For new links, especially from PS, the price isn't bad, either.

Solfnod, the t-bar links are very common these days, but why only have one side of the cufflink when you have two sides of a cuff? Like many others in these parts, I think the t-bar link simply seems inelegant. The price seems the same as the others that Foxx links, too.

4. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior Member

Send me your address in a PM, and I will give you a pair of c. 1920 ones, gratis. Why buy new (for $79.50) when there are gorgeous antique pairs out there for $30? For $79.50, you can buy a vintage 10k pair, $100 or so for 14k.

5. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

(The_Foxx @ June 09 2005,22:34) not only are these double sided, as flusser recommends, they are very well priced (and engravable, if you choose). Â I have a pair like this from Asprey in silver (can't seem to pull off gold, myself). Â http://www.paulstuart.com/item_template.cfm?ItemId=1251
    Send me your address in a PM, and I will give you a pair of c. 1920 ones, gratis. Why buy new (for $79.50) when there are gorgeous antique pairs out there for $30? For $79.50, you can buy a vintage 10k pair, $100 or so for 14k.
    Or an 18k pair that is 100+ years old for $49, like I did [​IMG]

6. gorgekko

gorgekko Distinguished Member

If you're giving them away I know this guy named gorgekko who loves cufflinks :) It was his birthday on Wednesday and I didn't get him anything.