Conservative Business Dress

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Manton, I can't believe no one has called you on the carpet for that outrageous spread collar. Everyone knows that the POINT collar is the ONLY acceptable collar for conservative business dress. A spread collar is a sure sign of a fruity limey wannabe. You might as well be swishing around in a suit with waist suppression.

So not only can you not SEE, you can't even READ. "[N]ot too dashingly open, not too mafia-closed." Spread collars and point collars are both NOT CONSERVATIVE. The collar should be medium, in the middle, centrist, moderate, not too much of one, not too much of the other. Whoever told you that a point is conservative is full of $hit. Mob guys and mob poet laureates like Scorcese wear the point. Are they conservative? I DON'T THINK SO.

2. Manton

Somebody's on their third bottle of wine. [​IMG]

If you can't hold your liquor, don't blame me. This, from a guy who wears black suede shoes. You don't have a single conservative thing in your whole closet.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Dimples are NOT CONSERVATIVE, you Philistine. Dimples = artifice, trying too hard, thinking too much about clothes. Dimples are gay.

[​IMG]

4. Manton

Pinko commie fairy bastards. THAT SUIT IS LIGHT GRAY! IT IS NOT CHARCOAL!

You don't know $hit. Can't you tell flash effect when you see it? That suit is charcoal. Only pimps wear light gray, and pimps are not conservative.

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Dimples are gay.

Oh huh!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Soph

Soph Senior member

Only women and girly men should have that kind of waist suppression.

I hope you are at least eating steak and potatoes tonight, probably some veggie lover.

7. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

How about shoes? They are conspicuously missing from the big picture. No EG 888, JL 8000, C&J 337 or Vass dandy chisel toe gay craps.

8. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Manton, I know you take all your notes from Molloy, but spread collars are the ANTITHESIS of conservative business dress. Maybe in the big city you like to pair spread collars with your feather boas and fishnets, but my grandpappy didn't wear no spread collar. You can't even buy spread collars at Marshalls. You'd have to waste a bunch of money on a SHIRT to get that kind of nonsense. And that just ain't done.

So not only can you not SEE, you can't even READ. "[N]ot too dashingly open, not too mafia-closed." Spread collars and point collars are both NOT CONSERVATIVE. The collar should be medium, in the middle, centrist, moderate, not too much of one, not too much of the other. Whoever told you that a point is conservative is full of $hit. Mob guys and mob poet laureates like Scorese wear the point. Are they conservative? I DON'T THINK SO.

9. Soph

Soph Senior member

How about shoes? They are conspicuously missing from the big picture. No EG 888, JL 8000, C&J 337 or Vass dandy chisel toe gay craps.

Exactly the U last is for gays The only acceptable Vass for True Conservative Business Dress (TCBDA approved) are:

http://www.budapest.twwt.com/sites/s...s/budapest.jpg

Round, ambigous and no sexual orientation.

Source: TCBDA.com

10. Manton

but spread collars are the ANTITHESIS of conservative business dress

Reading comprehension as good as ever, eh, Doc? If that IS your real name ...

That is NOT a spread collar. It is a MEDIUM spread collar. Not too open, not too close. NOT TOO ANYTHING. The essense of Conservative Business Dress is understatement, avoiding the extremes. A true point collar is an EXTREME. Extremism in defese of liberty may be no vice, but extremism in dress is NOT CONSERVATIVE.

11. Manton

Black stitch cap oxfords. Satisfied? Or are you just another troll?

12. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

That combination looks like a parody of a metrosexual's idea of conservative dress for wear at the offices of a left-wing publishing empire.

Hmmm. Is there a political agenda here?

13. Con Biz Dresser

Con Biz Dresser Well-Known Member

Manton that ensemble does look appropriate for a conservative business environment from my perspective, but I do feel that a forward point collar with a smaller knot would be more appropriate in a contemporary business setting. I also think that a tie with a little more color would make the overall presentation seem a little less shabby without losing the overall seriousness which I believe can help a person's motivation during the work day; maybe Matt would say that it would bring it up a taste level, which I would also agree with.

14. Manton

Hmmm. Is there a political agenda here?

Can any of you morons read?

Goddamnit, what do I need to do to get through to you people? This thread is not about POLITICAL CONSERVATISM. This is about Conservative Business Dress, which is bipartisan and apolitical.

15. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

Can any of you morons read?

I'd love to discuss this further but I'm currently occupied trying to reach Carlo Franco so I can recommend that Chuck hires Connemara as his new customer service manager.