Conservative Business Dress

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

And shoulder padding is NOT CONSERVATIVE. It is for designers and goombahs.

[​IMG]

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Drinking again Manton?

Yes, plain water. My doctor told me to cut down on carbonation. He said it made me "excitable." BTW, you should have seen what that nudge was wearing at the time.

3. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

The entire thread is so obviously a put-on.

If it was serious, he would not have shown a photo taken at a forward fitting with so many adjustments needed before the suit is finished.

4. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Manton, you could make your argument more respectfully if you really want to make a sincere point. While I do know that words still have meaning I can't help feeling that you seem to be minting your own, but maybe you are just trying to be sarcastic which I am only catching up with now.

There is a Chinese parable that says the best horse gallops when it sees the shadow of the whip. The average horse gallops when it hears the crack of the whip. And the worst horse gallops when it feels the whip in its bones.

Taking you a while to get up to speed, Kasper?

5. Manton

Manton, you could make your argument more respectfully if you really want to make a sincere point. While I do know that words still have meaning I can't help feeling that you seem to be minting your own, but maybe you are just trying to be sarcastic which I am only catching up with now.

Kasper, this whole thread is a monument of respect. I started it for your benefit, because I respected your oft-stated desire to discuss Conservative Business Dress. Now you out yourself as a phony, as a non-conservative, and that's my fault?

And I haven't minted any new words. Scour this thread for neoligisms. You won't find any. The closest thing was "irrealis," thrown out to impress us by that blowhard Teacher. But it turns out, that's a real word.

6. Manton

The entire thread is so obviously a put-on.

If it was serious, he would not have shown a photo taken at a forward fitting with so many adjustments needed before the suit is finished.

Like the suits your friend picked up in London unfinished, but fully paid for?

Look again, bub. My suit is done, and it's conservative.

7. Con Biz Dresser

Con Biz Dresser Well-Known Member

Kasper, this whole thread is a monument of respect. I started it for your benefit, because I respected your oft-stated desire to discuss Conservative Business Dress. Now you out yourself as a phony, as a non-conservative, and that's my fault?

And I haven't minted any new words. Scour this thread for neoligisms. You won't find any. The closest thing was "irrealis," thrown out to impress us by that blowhard Teacher. But it turns out, that's a real word.

Manton, to benefit or to mock me? My sense of humor might be slow at times but I do know the difference. Next time maybe you could make it a poll to better assist you in ridiculing a fellow forum member, past or present.

You might not have minted any new words in this thread but it seems you have made your own meanings for a few. Since when has conservative meant messy?

8. Clio

Clio Member

My suit is done, and it's conservative.
    It sure is conservative, since it doesn't seem to have evolved from any actual style. It appears to have sprung forth, wholly made, from the mind of God. You really shouldn't have taken a suit He made on the first day however. You might have waited until He had perfected his craft. It's kind of like taking a duckbill platypus for a pet instead of waiting for a dog.

9. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Manton, to benefit or to mock me? My sense of humor might be slow at times but I do know the difference. Next time maybe you could make it a poll to better assist you in ridiculing a fellow forum member, past or present.

You might not have minted any new words in this thread but it seems you have made your own meanings for a few. Since when has conservative meant messy?

[​IMG]

Caffeine time for someone, methinks!

10. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Anyone who comes near my closet with even one shred of newsprint is going to get his @$$ kicked.

Sounds like someone else is looking to get his @$$ kicked. Watch it, limey boy.

You've hired security personnel?

[​IMG]

11. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Are short sleeve dress shirts acceptable for conservative business dress? i got ink stains on the last few i had from stuffing them with the NY Post. Before I purchase more, i want to make sure that they are acceptable for conservative business dress.

I was in a meeting with VP's from a respected japanese electronics company and they were wearing short sleeve dress shirts. So I mean it has to be ok right?

12. Manton

Since when has conservative meant messy?

All you can point to that's "messy" are the supposedly rumpled shoulders. Look, if you want to wear NFL equipment in a business enviornment, you're welcome to it. You can even call it "conservative" if you want. But just saying it won't make it so.

13. Manton

You've hired security personnel?

[​IMG]

Yeah, my tailor is a boxer. Take it up with him.

14. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Are short sleeve dress shirts acceptable for conservative business dress? i got ink stains on the last few i had from stuffing them with the NY Post. Before I purchase more, i want to make sure that they are acceptable for conservative business dress.

I was in a meeting with VP's from a respected japanese electronics company and they were wearing short sleeve dress shirts. So I mean it has to be ok right?

No more ok than forming plurals with 's !

15. Manton

It sure is conservative, since it doesn't seem to have evolved from any actual style. It appears to have sprung forth, wholly made, from the mind of God. You really shouldn't have taken a suit He made on the first day however. You might have waited until He had perfected his craft. It's kind of like taking a duckbill platypus for a pet instead of waiting for a dog.

I agree completely. Who wants a boring dog when you can have a pet that looks half beaver, half duck? The only mammal that lays eggs. [​IMG]